At Hasbro we’re changing the face of play and entertainment. We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of community, passion, integrity, creativity and inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best is yet to come.
Would you like to work for a company that is purpose-driven and a recognized leader in corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability? As Director, Sustainability and Climate, you will lead Hasbro’s sustainability practice and drive progress towards achieving our sustainability goals, including the climate action plan. You will identify new opportunities for the company to positively impact the planet across our 3 business areas, Consumer Products, Digital Gaming and Entertainment.
At Hasbro, we play and entertain with purpose! We are using our business as a force for good and building a safer, more sustainable company and world for all. We’re passionate about play and protecting our planet and conserving natural resources for future generations, including pursuing innovative ways to reduce our environmental impacts across our value chain. We are proud to have been recognized for the last 10 consecutive years as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies and as one of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens, by CR Magazine!
A day in the life as a Director, Sustainability and Climate:
- Sustainability Strategy: Lead and implement Hasbro’s sustainability strategy, focusing on the Climate Action plan. This includes setting and implementing Science-Based Targets (SBT) and a climate risk and resilience plan. This will also include spearheading strategies to meet Hasbro’s publicly-stated energy, waste, water and other sustainability goals, driving the expansion of the toy recycling program, spearheading green teams and company culture as well as championing environmental sustainability initiatives at all levels of the organization to drive progress and positive change.
- Product Sustainability: Provide strategic leadership and technical expertise to advance and meet Hasbro product sustainability goals. Pro-actively identify and communicate emerging sustainable business practices and bring recommendations to the leadership team. Build product sustainability expertise, tools, partnerships, and processes to enable progress
- ESG Data Management: Supervise and lead annual data collection for strategic completion of applications and disclosures for relevant business rankings. Partner with a Data Analyst and be responsible for Hasbro’s annual public sustainability reporting, including the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and retailer surveys.
- Cross-company Partnership and Collaboration: Collaborate closely with Product Development and operations leads to implement sustainability strategy. Stay abreast of and incorporate corporate and IR ESG priorities into the sustainability program. Serve as a critical leader in Hasbro’s Sustainability Center of Excellence team. Work in partnership with cross-functional teams to drive environmental improvements in product, packaging, supply chain and Hasbro facilities.
What you’ll bring:
- 10 - 15+ years of proven experience in CSR, sustainability and EHS in a large consumer products publicly-held corporation.
- Passion, energy, and commitment to CSR, sustainability, and EHS.
- Thrives in a highly collaborative environment working with diverse culture, influencing internal and external partners.
- In depth knowledge of GRI, SASB, CDP reporting and emerging global sustainability standards.
- Degree in environment management or related field and environmental certifications, a plus.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with EPA, OSHA, and comparable regulations.
- Leadership skills: The ability to inspire, build consensus, and work collaboratively across all functions of a global organization.
- Excellent communicator and presenter, with experience presenting to Senior Leadership and Boards of Directors.
For more details about our CSR and Sustainability progress and recognition, please visit: http://newsroom.hasbro.com/static-files/dfcd27e5-29dc-416a-ab6a-83dbc82bac09
Hasbro’s world-class brands and talented people are our greatest assets. One of the ways we invest in you is through a competitive and contemporary benefits package. Your particular benefits package will depend on your position, location, local legal requirements and years with the company. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Half-day Fridays year round, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Team Hasbro Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Toy Discounts and more!
Hasbro is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Please the Hasbro careers website.