Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career * a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s central Sustainability team was formed in 2009 with an aim to drive the growth of sustainable investing through the ongoing development of products and solutions, thought leadership and capacity building initiatives. Since that time, it has continued to work with each of our core businesses seeking ways to integrate sustainability across the firm and in our operations.
The Climate Operations Manager will be responsible for incorporating climate considerations into Morgan Stanley’s operations and supporting the Firm’s commitment to carbon neutrality. The Manager will be a subject matter expert in operational climate risk and carbon markets with a passion for corporate sustainability, excellent project management and skilled in relationship building.
- Integrate climate change considerations into Morgan Stanley’s operations and build out strategies around the next generation of operational goal setting
- Serve as subject matter expert for carbon market strategy and manage carbon offset portfolio
- Identify gaps and opportunities to invest in carbon solutions, technology, and project development
- Focus on opportunities in Scope 3 emissions ex-category 15, financed emissions
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive engagement, establish ownership, accountability, and delivery against sustainability goals
- Research developments in the climate and carbon field, providing updates for team
- Support forthcoming regulations and SEC compliance through planning and clear documentation
- Drive implementation across Morgan Stanley’s value chain
- 5-8 years of experience in climate or corporate sustainability in-house or in a consulting role, finance experience a plus
- Experience in key relevant environmental, social and governance issues as it relates to corporate operations (i.e. energy management/efficiency, waste reduction, green real estate), supply chain sustainability strategies and employee engagement
- Quantitative analytical skills, specifically around sustainability, operational and ESG data
- Technical experience in operational sustainability and carbon markets
- Experience analyzing, sourcing, preforming due diligence and developing carbon offset portfolios
- Experience with low-carbon, renewable and alternative technologies
- Ability to effectively communicate technical matters to non-technical audience in a clear and compelling manner
- Comfort with balancing multiple priorities and effective multi-tasking, with ability to manage stakeholders and prioritize work
- Confidence in a fast-paced, global work environment while managing multiple priorities
- Experience developing cross-functional strategies where performance is dependent upon multiple stakeholders