The Walt Disney Company’s International Labor Standards Program (“ILS Program”) seeks to foster safe, inclusive and respectful workplaces wherever Disney-branded products are produced. The ILS Program is an important component of The Walt Disney Company’s social responsibility and responsible supply chain efforts.
ILS Audits are used as a tool to identify and address labor-related issues in facilities authorized to produce Disney-branded products. These audits may be conducted by Disney or by Disney’s licensees/vendors in accordance with Disney standards or those that are recognized by Disney.
The ILS Audit Analysis team is responsible for the determination of audit acceptance and the assessment of the audit results in accordance with ILS Program policies. In addition, the Audit Analysis team supports the related activities contributing toward continuous improvement in program policies and operational standards pertaining to the acceptance and assessment of ILS Audits.
The Analyst, Audit Analysis reports to the Assistant Manager, Audit Analysis and is responsible for reviewing facility audit reports to determine compliance with the Disney Code of Conduct for Manufacturers, determining the next step in the process based on ILS policies, and performing related tasks. In doing so, the Analyst supports ILS in communicating ILS program expectations to Disney business units and licensees/vendors with regard to audit requirements. The Analyst may lead other audit analysis related processes assigned and supervised by Managers. This role requires exceptional attention-to-detail, a balanced analytical and critical-thinking skill set, and the ability to communicate effectively in an international business setting.
- Review and approve audit reports from internal and external monitors who conduct audits of manufacturing facilities worldwide.
- Evaluate identified violations of local labor laws and the Disney Code of Conduct to determine the next audit priority as well as the next step in the process based on ILS policies and audit review procedures.
- Communicate with internal teams and external audit firms to resolve relevant audit related issues and questions.
- Manage any assigned audit analysis related processes and ensure all relevant parties receive proper communication on status and progress.
- Other responsibilities may include supporting the Managers on research projects as needed, new hire training, as well as additional tasks when requested.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in any of these settings is required: corporate, audit firm, multi-stakeholder initiative, or the equivalent
- Proficiency (in English) in writing and editing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs – Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
- Superior attention to detail
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a corporate setting preferred
- Work experience in the social compliance field within an international corporation or auditing experience with an audit firm strongly preferred
- Intermediate proficiency of a second language (Chinese or Spanish especially) a plus
- Experience with a social compliance audit related database a plus
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability
- Ability to communicate effectively in an international business setting
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities while achieving high-level results
- Training in social auditing; SA8000 auditor certification or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field, or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field such as Public Policy, International Studies, Business Management or Manufacturing
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.