Ecosystem services are gaining the attention of government officials around the world. From 2009 through 2013, BSR has documented a wide and growing range of public-sector activities related to the issue.
Given the breadth and depth of public-sector work on ecosystem services, it is increasingly clear that this work has the potential to shape future policy and regulations as well as government expectations of the private sector.
This document was developed to help businesses track the public sector's uptake of ecosystem services approaches around the world. It is based on five years of research by BSR's Ecosystem Services Working Group. The insights in this report are especially relevant to companies that have crafted, or are developing, internal policies on natural capital, biodiversity, and ecosystem services.
- About Us
- How We Work
- Our Insights
- BSR Conference
- Past BSR Conferences
- BSR15: Resilent Business, Resilient World
- BSR14: Transparency and Transformation
- BSR13: The Power of Networks
- BSR12: Fast Forward
- Future BSR Conferences
- BSR16: November 1-3 / Grand Hyatt New York
- BSR17: October 24-26, 2017 / Hyatt Regency, Huntington Beach, CA
- BSR18: November 6-8, 2018 / Grand Hyatt, New York, NY
- Member Center