Staff | Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen
Vice President, Europe, Middle East, and Africa | Copenhagen
As a member of BSR’s executive team, Peder Michael oversees BSR’s activities in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. He guides BSR’s global Research and Partnership Development teams and provides oversight to two of BSR’s signature collaborative initiatives: HERproject, a program that aims to empower millions of female factory workers, and Bettercoal, which seeks to improve social and environmental standards in the global coal supply chain. Peder Michael works with leading companies in several industries, including transport and logistics, health care, consumer products, energy, and financial services.
Prior to joining BSR, Peder Michael was a key player in growing PricewaterhouseCoopers' sustainable business solutions practice in Copenhagen. He also spent five years with the Danish Foreign Service and served on the United Nation's Commission on the Status of Women. Peder Michael served on the Danish Government’s Council on Corporate Responsibility from 2009-2012. He speaks English, French, Danish, and Swedish.
Peder Michael holds an international M.B.A. and a B.S. in Business Administration, both from Copenhagen Business School.
- Blog: Regulating Supply Chain Sustainability
- Reports: The Business Case for Supply Chain Sustainability: A Brief for Business Leaders
- BSR Insight: Will Old Europe Become the New World of Sustainability in 2011?
- Reports: Sustainability Trends in the Container Shipping Industry
- Blog: Improving Women’s Health in the Developing World Begs More Than Money