This guide serves as a starting point for licensee executives and professionals to understand how they can meet licensors' requirements related to social and environmental compliance. It also provides guidance on how licensees can improve working conditions within their direct and contract manufacturing operations and supply chains.
The primary audience for this guide includes licensees and their suppliers, subcontractors, and agents, and others involved in the production of licensed products.
- Section 1 focuses on licensors' expectations.
- Section 2 focuses on practical tips for integrating social and environmental compliance into your business relationships with suppliers.
- Section 3 focuses on practical tips for identifying and understanding compliance risks.
- Section 4 focuses on practical tips for tracking and disclosing factory information to licensors.
- Section 5 focuses on practical tips for monitoring suppliers' social and environmental compliance.
- Section 6 focuses on remediation steps to help improve working conditions.
- Section 7 describes ways that you can get involved and collaborate with others in the licensing industry.
- The appendix includes an alphabetized list of organizations and other resources that can assist your company's social and environmental compliance efforts.
Let’s talk about how BSR can help you to transform your business and achieve your sustainability goals.