Faris leads BSR’s global human rights practice and the Advisory Services team in the Western United States and Canada.
A leading expert on sustainable business and human rights, Faris has advised global companies on human rights due diligence and integration, sustainability strategy, reporting, and stakeholder engagement. In addition, Faris leads BSR’s Human Rights Working Group. Faris joined BSR’s Advisory Services team in 2005 and led BSR’s Research team from 2008 to 2010.
Before joining BSR, Faris was a social research analyst and team leader with Calvert Investments, where he was responsible for ESG analysis, research, and advocacy.
Faris is a lecturer at the Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, where he teaches business and human rights. He, is a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Human Rights and serves on the Board of Directors of Accountability Counsel.
A German national, Faris holds an M.A. in International Law from George Washington University Law School, and a law degree from the University of Regensburg, Germany.
Insights From Faris Natour
- Legitimate and Meaningful: Stakeholder Engagement in Human Rights Due Diligence | Sep 17, 2014 | Reports
- Human Rights in the Supply Chain: A Shared Challenge | Jun 17, 2014 | Blog
- Advancing Human Rights: Three Lessons for Businesses | Sep 18, 2013 | Blog
- How to Conduct an Effective Human Rights Impact Assessment | Mar 19, 2013 | Blog
- Comment mener une évaluation d’impact en matière des droits de l’Homme ? | Mar 15, 2013 | Reports
- Zero Dark Thirty: The Human Rights Responsibilities of Entertainment Companies | Feb 24, 2013 | Blog
- Human Rights Day: A Call to Respect Human Dignity | Dec 10, 2012 | Blog
- Applying the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights to the ICT Industry: Version 2.0 | Sep 6, 2012 | Reports
- UN Human Rights Council Endorses Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights | Jun 16, 2011 | Blog
- Submission on the Draft Guiding Principles | Jan 24, 2011 | Reports