Julia Robinson, Communications Associate, BSR
With the traditionally sleepy month of August behind us, BSR staffers are once again traveling the world to join conversations about sustainability. Will we see you there?
Where We’ll Be
- September 6: HERproject Director Racheal Meiers will speak on the panel “The Future of Apparel Sourcing: Fair Trade and Lessons Learned from the Bangladesh Tragedy,” and Associate Director Alison Colwell will participate in a corporate impact innovation workshop at the Social Capital Markets Conference (SOCAP) in San Francisco.
- September 9-13: Advisory Services Associate Director Angie Farrag will represent BSR’s Clean Cargo Working Group and Maritime Anti-Corruption Network at the International Shipping Week in London. Farrag will speak and host an exhibitor’s booth at the event.
- September 11-12: President and CEO Aron Cramer will participate in the panel “Strategic Shifts in the Consumer Ecosystem” at the World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions (a.k.a. “Summer Davos”) in Dalian, China.
- September 17: Information and Communications Technology Manager Alice Valvodova will participate in the Forum on Greening Mobile Devices: Building Eco-Rating Schemes during the ITU Green Standards Week in Madrid.
- September 18: Healthcare Director Mark Little will speak on the panel “A Promise Renewed: What Can Business Do to Promote Child Survival?” at the UNICEF Children’s Rights and Business: Innovation and Action (PDF) event in New York.
- September 18: Advisory Services Managing Director Laura Gitman and Associate Andrew Matthews will attend the UN Global Compact Supply Chain Initiative advisory board meeting in New York.
- September 19: Cramer will attend the Devonshire Initiative’s CEO Summit in Toronto, Canada.
- September 20: Cramer also will speak on the panel “Leveraging Business-Sector Initiatives to Build a Resilient Supply Chain” at the UN Global Compact Leaders Summit in New York. Gitman will be in attendance.
- September 20: Advisory Services Senior Vice President Eric Olson will speak on “Future of Fuels: Corporate Strategic Energy Choices in the U.S. Economy” at the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan in Tokyo.
- Sept 20: Advisory Services Manager France Bourgouin will discuss the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network at “Course for a Better World” conference of the Danish Shipowners’ Association in Copenhagen.
- September 22: Advisory Services Manager Adam Lane will host a session, “CiYuan Initiative: Innovative Corporate-NGO Partnerships,” at the BMW Foundation’s Fourth World Young Leaders Forum in Beijing.
- September 23-24: Bourgouin will discuss the uranium supply chain at the Danish Institute for International Studies, also in Copenhagen.
- September 24: Advisory Services Director Tara Norton will be a panelist at a sustainable consumption workshop at the LH Forum: Mouvement pour une Economie Positive in Le Havre, France.
- Sept. 26: Advisory Services Associate Director Elisa Niemtzow will attend “Breaking the Bonds: Modern-Day Strategies to Counter Modern-Day Slavery” at the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility in New York.
- September 26: Advisory Services Manager David Korngold will speak on the panel “ESG Analysis and Integration into Private Equity: Challenges, Opportunities and Enhancing Value Creation” at the Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst Conference in New York.
What We’re Hosting
- September 9: Cramer will lead the workshop “Understanding Integrated Reporting in the Chinese Context” and a CEO Roundtable event in Beijing.
- September 10: HERproject Director Racheal Meiers and Associate Marat Yu will facilitate a working group meeting for HERproject participating buyers in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The group will focus on post-Rana Plaza lessons and collaboration to promote women’s health.
- September 17: Olson will speak to companies and funders about BSR’s Future of Fuels in Beijing.
- September 17: BSR and Guardian Sustainable Business will co-host "Business and Human Rights: Understanding the Risks and Solving the Dilemmas for Your Industry" in New York. Speakers will include Cramer and Human Rights Advisor Christine Bader, as well as Guardian Sustainable Business Editor-at-Large Marc Gunther, Yahoo!’s Ebele Okobi, and Citi’s Shawn Miller.
- September 17 and 18: Bader and Human Rights Director Faris Natour, Advisory Services Manager Peter Nestor, and Advisory Services Associate Elissa Goldenberg will facilitate BSR’s Human Rights Working Group in-person meeting in New York. The meeting will focus on effective implementation of human rights grievance mechanisms and remedy.
- September 19: Norton and Niemtzow will lead the workshop “The Business Case For Sustainable Lifestyles—Why Businesses Should Be Taking Action” at our Paris office.
- September 24: BSR will co-host a webinar with UKSIF on sustainable investment in China. Lane will speak.
- September 24: Europe Director Farid Baddache, Advisory Services Manager Cecile Oger, and Associate Jonathan Morris will lead a stakeholder engagement petit-déjeuner (breakfast) event at our Paris office.
- September 24: BSR and the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations will co-host an event on role of the industry in contributing to the post-2015 development agenda and BSR’s Guiding Principles on Access to Healthcare work. Cramer will speak, and Little and Oger will be in attendance.
- September 26: Olson and Climate and Energy Manager Ryan Schuchard will lead the event “Future of Fuels Stakeholder Forum on Fuel System Transformation” in Washington, D.C.
- September 27: BSR and Generation Investment Management will co-host “The Financial Services Sector and the Growing Relevance of Ecosystem Services Risks” in London. Speakers will include Financial Services Director John Hodges, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Director Sissel Waage, and Kit Armstrong, formerly of Chevron and currently with BSR's Ecosystem Services Working Group.