As we head into fall, these are the global sustainability events we’ll be hosting, attending, and speaking at in September.
Stay tuned for more information on our whereabouts during the UN General Assembly meetings and Climate Week in New York in a separate post later this month.
What We’ll Host
- September 1: President and CEO Aron Cramer and other BSR leaders will close our 25th anniversary dinner series in Hong Kong.
- September 8: Director Aditi Mohapatra will host a breakfast in our New York office on the role of business in accelerating women’s empowerment.
- September 12: We will host a happy hour for BSR members and partners in New York as a chance to catch up with BSR senior leadership and discuss the theme of how business leads during this time of profound change around the world. Cramer will speak.
- September 13: The HERproject team will host a morning roundtable event in Hong Kong on "HERfuture: The Future of Women in China’s Supply Chain." Following the roundtable, the team will lead a HERproject Brand Network meeting with participating companies.
- September 17-19: The Renewable Energy Buyers’ Alliance will host its annual Summit ahead of VERGE 17 in Santa Clara, California. Senior Vice President Eric Olson, Information and Communications Technology Associate Director Michael Rohwer, Manager Sandy Eapen, and Manager Nate Springer will attend and speak.
- September 19: BSR will host the Responsible Retail Symposium, a one-day event in New York that will offer participants a perspective on the current state and future ambitions of sustainable business practices in the U.S. retail industry. Cramer, Inclusive Economy Associate Director Susan Winterberg, and BSR’s consumer sectors team will attend.
- September 27: The BSR Paris office will host a cocktail reception to inaugurate our new and bigger office in France and discuss the latest trends in sustainable business with GlobeScan.
Where We’ll Be
- September 5: Managing Director Elisa Niemtzow will present on the theme “Marketing, Communicating, and Selling Your Sustainability Efforts” at the MICE Sustainability Forum in Bangkok.
- September 13-14: Manager Emilie Prattico will take part in the second Alliances and Coalitions Global Forum, organized by the UNFCCC, in preparation for COP23 in Agadir, Morocco.
- September 18-21: Manager Marat Yu will speak at the Sexual Violence Research Initiative 2017 Forum in Rio de Janeiro.
- September 19: Manager Ouida Chichester will speak at the Wilson Center on a panel on “Maximizing Women’s Economic Leadership, Participation, and Impact in Africa,” part of the Brown Capital Management Africa Forum in Washington, D.C. She will discuss her recent research on women’s economic empowerment in sub-Saharan Africa.
- September 20: Director Angie Farrag-Thibault and Associate Director Karlyn Adams will facilitate and speak at the annual Green Freight Asia Forum in Singapore.
- September 20: Associate Director Marshall Chase will moderate a panel on “The Internet of Manufacturing: Shaping the Factory Floor of the Future” at VERGE 17 in Santa Clara.
- September 20: Springer will moderate a panel, “The Road to Low-Carbon Fuels and Fleets,” at VERGE 17.
- September 20: Cramer will attend the We Mean Business board meeting in New York.
- September 26: BSR’s Business Action for Women collaborative initiative will host an invite-only networking reception in New York to bring companies and other stakeholders together on the topic of driving collective progress for women.
- September 26-27: Business Action for Women will also host its second in-person workshop of the year with participating companies in New York.