September is a big month for important global events, including Climate Week New York, the one-year anniversary of the Sustainable Development Goals, and the UN General Assembly in New York. These are the sustainability events we are hosting, speaking at, and attending around the world this month.
What We’re Hosting
- September 5: President and CEO Aron Cramer and Asia-Pacific Vice President Jeremy Prepscius, along with experts from multinational, domestic, and governmental organizations, will discuss trends and predictions for sustainability in China at BSR’s Shanghai office.
- September 9: Human Rights Managing Director Margaret Jungk will host a networking breakfast, “What’s On the Horizon for Business and Human Rights?” at BSR’s New York office to discuss with members the main human rights challenges that companies face today and what trends and issues are on the horizon.
- September 12-13: The BSR Human Rights Working Group will meet in London, hosted by Marks & Spencer.
- September 14: Manager Lauren Shields will facilitate a consultation on a self-assessment tool to support the implementation of the Women’s Empowerment Principles in London, co-organized by the Global Compact Network UK, UN Global Compact, UN Women, the Inter-American Development Bank, and BSR.
- September 15: BSR will host a lunch dialogue around the BSR Conference 2016 theme: “Be Bold” for members in Chicago.
- September 20: Shields, HERproject Director Christine Svarer, Manager Brooke Avory, Manager Marat Yu, and Associate Filippo Sebastio will host a HERproject meeting with brand partners in Hong Kong.
- September 21: Senior Vice President Eric Olson, Managing Director Edward Cameron, Associate Director David Wei, Manager Ran Tao, and Associate Denielle Harrison will attend and speak at the BSR-CDP co-hosted event “Translating the Paris Agreement into Business Strategy through Science-Based Targets” during Climate Week in New York.
- September 21: Senior Vice President Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen will speak at a high-level breakfast event on the new Deliver for Good initiative, hosted by Women Deliver and its founding partners, including BSR, during the UN General Assembly in New York.
- September 22: Director Lin Wang will lead a panel on women’s inclusive employment as part of a full-day event, which BSR will co-host with UN Women and the China National Textile and Apparel Council in Hangzhou, China.
- September 25: Manager Nate Springer will facilitate a Future of Fuels webinar on “Simplifying Freight Sustainability with the Fuel Tool.”
- September 27: Jungk will lead a discussion on “Major Trends and Developments in Human Rights and Business” during a networking breakfast at BSR’s San Francisco office.
- September 27: BSR will co-host the event “Developing Principles for an Inclusive Sharing Economy” with The Rockefeller Foundation in San Francisco.
Where We’ll Be
- September 1: Cramer will speak at an event on “CSR and Responsible Investment: What It Means for Communications Professionals” in Hong Kong.
- September 7: Cramer will speak at the Keidanren’s Council for Better Corporate Citizenship event “Business and the SDGs” in Tokyo.
- September 7-8: Transport and Logistics Director Angie Farrag-Thibault and Associate Director Karlyn Adams will participate in the Green Freight Asia Annual Forum in Singapore. Farrag-Thibault will speak on a panel and Adams will lead a training on green strategies and technologies in road transport. BSR is a partner of this event.
- September 8: Yu will speak on the panel “Adaptation of Interventions” at the What Works to Prevent Violence Against Women and Girls Scientific Meeting in Dubai.
- September 13: Shields will participate in the first convening of the Floriculture Sustainability Initiative’s Leadership Group on Gender Equality in Brussels.
- September 14-15: BSR’s Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Director Sissel Waage will convene the roundtable “Measuring Corporate Value Creation: Linking Up Assessment Analytics for Financial, Social, Natural Capital, and Ecosystem Services Returns” in Michigan.
- September 19-22: Manager Kelly Gallo will moderate a panel on “Creating a Renewably Powered Data Center Infrastructure” at the VERGE 16 conference in Santa Clara, California. Associate Director Marshall Chase will moderate a panel on “Cybersecurity for Connected Infrastructure” with General Motors and Lockheed Martin and Information and Communications Technology Associate Director Michael Rohwer will also attend. BSR is a partner of this event.
- September 19-25: Cramer, Olson, Cameron, Wei, Tao, Harrison, Vice President Laura Gitman, and Associate Samantha Harris will attend and speak at various events during Climate Week NYC.
- September 19: Cramer will attend the UN Private Sector Forum in New York.
- September 21: Cramer will attend the We Mean Business board meeting in New York.
- September 22: Pruzan-Jorgensen will attend the UN High Level Panel on Women’s Economic Empowerment report presentation to Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon during the UN General Assembly in New York.
- September 22: Gitman will moderate the panel "Supporting Inclusive Business through Multistakeholder Action" at the Business Call to Action Annual Forum in New York.