See which sustainable business events BSR staff will attend and speak at, and which we’re hosting, this September. And stay tuned for more information on BSR’s whereabouts during the UN General Assembly meetings, the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals, and Climate Week NYC.
What We’re Hosting
- September 9: BSR will host the Sustainability Matters webinar “‘Road Through Paris’ Briefing: Leadership Commitments and Quick Wins.”
- September 10: Advisory Services Senior Vice President Eric Olson and Associate Director Jorgette Marinez will lead “Sustainability Issue Management: A BSR and Best Buy Breakfast Event” in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- September 11: BSR will host the breakfast event “The Global/Local Connection” in New York.
- September 23: BSR and Walmart will host the “Women in Factories China Second Annual Conference” in Shenzhen, China.
- September 24: Advisory Services Manager Cecile Oger will moderate the French-language breakfast “Circular Economy in Practice: Producing and Consuming Differently,” organized in partnership with the Ellen MacArthur Foundation in Paris.
- September 30: BSR and GlobeScan will host a webinar to release results from our seventh annual “State of Sustainable Business” survey.
Where We’ll Be
- September 1-4: Several members of BSR’s Partnership Development and Research, Climate Change, and Advisory Services teams will attend the UNFCCC negotiations and related events in Bonn, Germany. These include: Partnership Development and Research Managing Director Edward Cameron, Climate Change Associate Director David Wei, Partnership Development and Research Manager Emilie Prattico, Advisory Services Manager Maurice Meehan, Climate Change Associate Samantha Harris, Partnership Development and Research Associate Martin Benderson, and Climate Change Intern Bryndis Woods.
- September 2: Cameron will speak about BSR’s Business in a Climate-Constrained World strategy on a Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC) webinar.
- September 2: Advisory Services Manager Jonathan Morris will attend the Guardian Green Chemicals Conference hosted at the United Nations in New York.
- September 4: Advisory Services Manager Jean-Baptiste Andrieu will conduct a workshop on human rights and supply chain management as part of a series of human-rights training courses for Finnish companies organized by FIBS in Helsinki.
- September 7: Transport and Logistics Associate Director Angie Farrag-Thibault will participate in the stakeholder workshop “Reducing Greenhouse-Gas Emissions from Shipping: The Role of Non-Governmental Actors” during International Shipping Week in London.
- September 7: Climate Change Associate Director Xiaochen Zhang will speak at the China Social Finance Forum in Beijing.
- September 7: Partnership Development and Research Associate Marat Yu will facilitate a HERhealth workshop with Li & Fung’s suppliers in Dhaka.
- September 8-9: Cameron and Prattico will attend and speak at the CCAC Working Group meeting in Paris.
- September 9-11: President and CEO Aron Cramer will moderate the panel “Mapping Carbon from Space” at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting of the New Champions in Dalian, China.
- September 10: Advisory Services Associate Director Marshall Chase will speak on the panel “Sustainable Sourcing and Circular Economy” at the Railroad Sustainability Symposium in Crotonville, NY.
- September 15-18: Cramer will attend a Rockefeller Foundation gathering on impact sourcing in Bellagio, Italy.
- September 19: Partnership Development and Research Manager Brooke Avory will speak on the panel “International Observation—Partnership in Modern Social Capital” at the New Horizons of Change-Making seminar, part of the 2015 China Charity Fair in Shenzhen, China.
- September 21-28: Cramer, Cameron, Wei, Harris, and other BSR staff will attend Climate Week NYC in New York. Look out for a special blog post on BSR’s whereabouts during Climate Week and the launch of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- September 23: Cameron will speak at the event “Climate Justice and Business: Human Rights from the Frontlines to Paris," part of the Mary Robinson Speaker Series on Business and Human Rights, in New York.
- September 24: Meehan will discuss the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network at the Norwegian Shipowners Association meeting in Oslo.
- September 24: Chase will moderate a panel on “Mobile Device Eco-Ratings” at Emerging Green 2015: Electronics in a Circular Economy in Portland, Oregon. BSR is a partner of this event.
- September 30-October 1: Communications Managing Director Melanie Janin will attend the Communications Network Annual Conference 2015 in San Diego, California.