BSR staff are attending and hosting several sustainability events this month (visit our events page for the latest news), and don’t forget that BSR Conference 2014 advance rates—the last chance to save on Conference registrations—end September 30.
Additionally, look out for a special “Where BSR Will Be at Climate Week NYC” post in a few weeks. Until then, connect with us at the following events.
Where We’ll Be
- September 3-4: Advisory Services Associate Director Elisa Niemtzow will attend the Beauty and Personal Care Summit in Chicago.
- September 3-5: Communications Associate Julia Robinson will attend the NTEN Leading Change Summit in San Francisco.
- September 10-12: President and CEO Aron Cramer will speak on the sessions “The Safe Advantage” and “Consumer Industry Transformations” at the World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions in Tianjin, China.
- September 16: Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Director Sissel Waage will present on natural capital (via webinar) to the Australian Sustainability Leaders Forum.
- September 17: Vice President Laura Gitman will attend a TED event at Unilever in New York.
- September 22-28: BSR staff, including Cramer, Partnership Development and Research Director Edward Cameron, Climate Associate Director Ryan Schuchard, and Communications Associate Director Eva Dienel, will attend Climate Week NYC.
- September 23: Cramer will also attend the UN Climate Summit in New York.
- September 23: Gitman will also attend the event Employment and Decent Work for Inclusive and Sustainable Development, hosted by the Ford Foundation and ILO in New York.
- September 30: Cramer will speak at the Peterson Lecture Series Transparency and Values in the Tech Industry at the Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley.
What We’re Hosting
- September 10: BSR will host an evening panel and reception on our climate strategy in San Francisco.
- September 12: BSR will host a roundtable and dinner on our approaches to climate change and sustainable development in Beijing.
- September 12: BSR will host the breakfast event Making Sense of New Materiality Frameworks in New York.
- September 16: Advisory Services Director Tara Norton and Manager Charlotte Bancilhon will lead the BSR Connect event Unlocking the Value of Sustainable Procurement in Copenhagen.
- September 19: BSR will host the informal roundtable Animal Welfare and Supply Chain Traceability in Hong Kong.
- September 23: BSR and the Walmart Foundation will host the Women in Factories China Annual Conference (in Chinese) in Shenzhen, China.
- September 24: Advisory Services Director Guy Morgan and Associate Julia Beier will lead the Sustainable Luxury Working Group’s annual members meeting in Paris.
- September 25: Niemtzow and Futerra Sustainability Communications will facilitate the Sustainable Lifestyles Frontier Group’s fall workshop, hosted by Johnson & Johnson in New York.
- September 30: BSR, in partnership with Twitter and World Pulse, will host the workshop and reception Women and Tech: Digital Access and Inclusion in San Francisco.
- September 30-October 2: Waage and Advisory Services Manager Corinna Kester will lead the Ecosystem Services Working Group's annual roundtable in San Ramon, California.