Julia Robinson, Associate, Communications, BSR
The BSR Conference 2013 is just around the corner, but before we get to November, BSR staff will speak at and host events about corporate responsibility around the world.
Where We’ll Be
- October 2: President and CEO Aron Cramer is speaking to the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Business Advisory Council on water issues in Bali, Indonesia.
- October 3-4: Vice President for Europe, Middle East, and Africa Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen and Transport and Logistics Associate Director Angie Farrag will speak about BSR’s Maritime Anti-Corruption Network and conduct a strategy and materiality training at the CSR North Forum in Malmö, Sweden. BSR is a partner of the event.
- October 7: Cramer will participate in a roundtable discussion for the launch of Jonathon Porritt’s book, The World We Made, at Autodesk’s headquarters in San Francisco
- October 7: Advisory Services Manager Peter Nestor will speak on the panel “Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility” at the Third Oilfield Services Law Conference in Houston.
- Oct 10: Advisory Services Managing Director Laura Gitman will attend the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board’s one-year anniversary in New York
- October 14: Cramer, with Marc Gunther, editor-at-large of Guardian Sustainable Business U.S., and Seth Goldman, president and CEO of Honest Tea, will speak on Jewish values and sustainability at Adat Shalom Synagogue in Bethesda, Maryland.
- October 15: Senior Advisor Asako Nagai and Associate Director Marshall Chase will present to the Communications and Information Network Association of Japan on sustainable mobile phone standards and developments in Tokyo.
- October 23: Advisory Services Director Tara Norton will colead a presentation on consumer behavior change with Carlsberg, eBay, and Sodexo at the L’Oréal Reimagining Consumption Summit in Paris.
- October 23-25: Cramer and Europe Director Farid Baddache will speak at World Forum Lille in Lille, France. Cramer will discuss global trends in CSR in a plenary address, and Baddache will speak on a business and human rights panel and moderate a session on responsible leadership. BSR is a partner of the event.
- October 25: Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Director Sissel Waage will speak at the Net Impact Conference in San Jose, California.
- Oct 30: Gitman will attend the launch of the World Economic Forum’s Global Gender Gap Report 2013 in New York.
- October 31: Partnership Development and Research Director Edward Cameron will speak about climate change and human rights on a panel at the Oak Foundation in Geneva. The panel is part of an internal retreat to help the Oak Foundation determine its strategic priorities.
What We’re Hosting
- October 3: Norton and Farrag will conduct a roundtable on sustainable procurement for railways with French rail company SNCF and the International Union of Railways in Paris.
- October 4: Advisory Services Senior Vice President Eric Olson will lead the webinar “The Power of Networks for Zero Waste” with Waste Management and UL Environment.
- October 4: Waage will lead the workshop “What Companies Need to Know about Biodiversity, Ecosystem Services, and Natural Capital” at BSR's Copenhagen office.
- October 10: Chase and Advisory Services Director Chengbo Wang will facilitate the workshop “Collaboration on Energy and Urbanization in China,” sponsored by Eaton, in Beijing.
- October 14: Olson, Associate Director Aditi Mohapatra, and Associate Corinna Kester will lead the BSR-Dell workshop “Mobilize Technology. Advance Sustainability.” at BSR's San Francisco office.
- October 15: Advisory Services Director Guy Morgan will lead a French-language breakfast event on integrated reporting and materiality, with a speaker from the International Integrated Reporting Council, at BSR's Paris office.
- October 16: BSR's team in Beijing will host the next in a series of events for our healthcare members in China. At this event, they will explore internal engagement in CSR.
- October 17: Advisory Services Associates Fengyuan Wang and Nathan Springer will speak at the BSR-WRI forum “Improving Buyer-Supplier Engagement to Reduce Carbon Emissions” in Guangzhou.
- October 23: BSR will share two case studies from our CiYuan program on how to select NGO partners and evaluate programs at BSR's Beijing office.
- October 31: BSR will share another CiYuan case study, on how to manage partners, in Shanghai.