We’re just one month away from the BSR Conference 2016. Before we all gather in New York on November 1-3, BSR staff will attend, host, and speak at various sustainability events around the world this month. Will we see you there?
What We’re Hosting
- October 4: Europe, Middle East, and Africa Managing Director Farid Baddache and Manager Emilie Prattico will host the event “From Commitment to Implementation: ‘Take Action’ on Climate,” in partnership with CDP, in London.
- October 5: Vice President Laura Gitman and Director Alison Taylor will host a dinner for BSR members and select partners in Washington, D.C., around this year’s BSR Conference theme, “Be Bold.”
- October 6: Consumer Sectors Associate Director Jorgette Mariñez and Associate Director David Korngold will host a small breakfast discussion, also on the BSR Conference theme, for our member companies and select partners in Dallas, Texas.
- October 10-11: BSR will host a webinar—at two times to accommodate our global audiences—on the results of our annual BSR/GlobeScan State of Sustainable Business Survey.
- Oct 11-13: Transportation and Logistics Director Angie Farrag-Thibault, Manager Nate Springer, and Associate Aude Ucla will facilitate the Clean Cargo Working Group annual fall member meeting in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- October 13: Baddache and Manager Magali Barraja will host a French-language BSR Connect breakfast on women’s empowerment in our Paris office.
- October 14: BSR will host an event, “The Role of the Practitioner in the Future of Sustainability Reporting,” in our New York office. Managing Director Dunstan Allison-Hope and Manager Jonathan Morris will speak.
- October 25: Managing Director Edward Cameron, Manager Maurice Meehan, and Prattico will co-host a We Mean Business network event on accelerating climate action with the Climate Leadership Council and Stora Enso in Helsinki, Finland.
- October 26: Manager Lauren Shields and Associate Margaux Yost will co-host an event, “Private-Sector Action for Advancing Worker Welfare,” with the Kenya Flower Council in Nairobi, Kenya.
Where We’ll Be
- October 3-5: Manager Edwina McKechnie will participate in “The Circular Economy: The New Energy of Companies,” which will bring together 22 corporate social responsibility networks as part of the development of a white paper for COP22, in Casablanca, Morocco.
- October 5: President and CEO Aron Cramer will deliver the keynote speech at “SCALA 2016: Promoting Business Opportunities with Social Impact” in Santiago de Cali, Colombia.
- October 4-5: Associate Director Armel Yver will attend the Textile Sustainability Conference in Hamburg, Germany.
- October 9-12: Senior Vice President Eric Olson will speak about the Net Positive Project at SXSW Eco in Austin, Texas.
- October 13: Gitman will attend a special reception honoring United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in New York.
- October 13: Meehan will speak at the Danish Shipowners’ Association Anti-Corruption Workshop to present “Maritime Anti-Corruption Network and Industry Association Engagement” in Copenhagen.
- October 17-18: Cramer will attend the Marks & Spencer Advisory Board meeting in London.
- October 20: Manager Emma Grande will attend a meeting of the Action Collaborative on Business Engagement in Building Healthy Communities, a working group led by the Health and Medicine Division of the National Academy of Sciences in Washington, D.C.
- October 20: Meehan will present “Maritime Anti-Corruption Network and Industry Association Engagement” to the FONASBA Annual Meeting in London.
- October 20-21: Farrag-Thibault will speak on the panel “Extending Collective Action in Challenging Markets” at the Basel Institute for Governance’s conference, Collective Action: Evidence, Experience, and Impact in Basel, Switzerland.
- October 24: Meehan will lead a workshop on blockchain technology at Danish Maritime Days in Copenhagen.