Before we all gather in San Francisco for the BSR Conference 2015 this November 3-5, BSR staff will host, attend, and speak at several sustainability events. Join us for two tweet chats on the BSR Conference, (follow along at #BSR15) and several BSR workshops and gatherings in our offices on three continents and webinars, or say hello to us at external events. Find the most up-to-date information on BSR's events on our calendar.
What We’re Hosting
- October 6: Communications Managing Director Melanie Janin, Conference Director Pamela Schwartz, and Conference Associate Hetal Shah will participate in a tweet chat, moderated by 3BL, on the BSR Conference. Join us at #BSR15 to learn all about our annual event.
- October 7-9: Ecosystem Services Director Sissel Waage and Advisory Services Associate Beth Richmond will lead BSR’s Ecosystem Services Working Group annual roundtable, which will focus on natural capital accounting approaches and private- and public-sector applications.
- October 8: Advisory Services Director Guy Morgan will facilitate BSR's Sustainability Reporting Training in Paris.
- October 14: BSR’s Business Coalition for Population Health will host the webinar “The Case for Population Health Programs.”
- October 15: BSR and BNY Mellon will host a lunch on peer-to-peer sustainability collaboration in Pittsburgh.
- October 20: EMEA Managing Director Farid Baddache and Partnership Development and Research Manager Emilie Prattico will speak at the BSR Connect event "The Private Sector and Climate Resilience: What Are the Levers?" in the BSR Paris office.
- October 20: President and CEO Aron Cramer, Vice President Laura Gitman, Partnership Development and Research Managing Director Edward Cameron, and Energy and Extractives Director Alison Taylor will participate in a second tweet chat moderated by 3BL on the BSR Conference. Join us at #BSR15 to learn about the issues that we will explore in San Francisco November 3-5.
- October 20-22: Transport and Logistics Associate Director Angie Farrag-Thibault, Advisory Services Manager Maurice Meehan, Advisory Services Manager Rosa Kusbiantoro, and Partnership Development and Research Associate Martin Benderson will host the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network fall members’ meeting at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Mumbai.
- October 28: BSR will host the webinar “‘Road Through Paris’ Briefing: National Climate Commitments.”
- October 30: Vice President for Asia Jeremy Prepscius and Partnership Development and Research Manager Brooke Avory will lead the BSR Connect event “Business Leadership for an Inclusive Economy” in Hong Kong.
Where We’ll Be
- October 1: Partnership Development and Research Vice President Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen will speak at the Procurement Leadership Council of the Conference Board in Hamburg, Germany.
- October 5-7: Taylor will attend the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Corporate Citizenship Conference, "Connect the Dots: How Businesses Solve Global Challenges Locally," in Washington, D.C.
- October 7-8: Pruzan-Jorgensen will speak at the Danish Maritime Days in Copenhagen.
- October 15: Advisory Services Manager David Korngold will speak on the panel "Future of Corporate Social Responsibility," hosted by Be Social Change at ?What If! Innovation Partners in New York.
- October 16: Farrag-Thibault will speak about partnerships and collaborative approaches for sustainable freight transport systems at the fourth session of the Multi-Year Expert Meeting on Transport, Trade Logistics and Trade Facilitation, hosted by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development in Geneva.
- October 18: Waage will give a lecture for the course “Business and Natural Resources: Sustainable Use of Ecosystems” at the Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley.
- October 19-23: Climate Change Associate Director David Wei and Associate Samantha Harris will attend the next UNFCCC negotiating session in Bonn, Germany.
- October 20: Consumer Sectors Director Elisa Niemtzow will present on “Consumer Behavior Towards Green Products” at the Sustainable Cleaning Products Summit in Paris.
- Oct 21: Information and Communications Technology Associate Director Aditi Mohapatra will participate in a GreenBiz Twitter chat, “How the IT Industry Is Accelerating the Transformation to Renewable Energy.”
- October 21: Cameron will participate in a #CSRchat tweet chat on climate change with Susan McPherson and the UN Foundation.
- Oct 22: Gitman will attend Etsy’s Reimagine Manufacturing conference in Brooklyn.
- October 22-23: Taylor will speak on a panel on CSR and corruption at the American Bar Association Conference in Montreal.
- October 22: Baddache and Communications Associate Director Stéphanie Leblanc will sign copies of their new book “Les 100 Fiches-Outils de la RSE” at the bookshop le Furet du Nord during the World Forum For a Responsible Economy in Lille, France. Baddache will also moderate a session on the future of internet power.
- Oct 27: Mohapatra will moderate the panel “A Renewably Powered Internet? How Data Centers Are Transforming the Web” at VERGE in San Jose, California.
- October 29: Advisory Services Associate Director Marshall Chase will lead a panel on “Privacy, Safety, and Ownership of Connected Cars” at VERGE in San Jose, California.