Julia Robinson, BSR
We’re only a month away from our annual BSR Conference 2014, taking place this November 4-6 in New York. We hope you’ll join us there. In the meantime, if you’re attending any of the following events in October, please say hello to BSR staff.
Where We’ll Be
- October 1: President and CEO Aron Cramer, Advisory Services Senior Vice President Eric Olson, and Human Rights Advisor Christine Bader will speak at the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition’s Responsible Electronics conference in San Francisco. Cramer will moderate a panel on supply chains, Olson will appear on a panel about emerging risks, and Bader will deliver a keynote address.
- October 1: Advisory Services Manager Charlotte Bancilhon will attend a conference hosted by La Française and Green Cross France et Territoires on the challenges faced by regulators and investors on energy and climate in Paris.
- October 2: Vice President Laura Gitman will speak at Reimagine Manufacturing, hosted by Etsy in Brooklyn, New York.
- October 6: Olson and Advisory Services Manager Nate Springer will speak at Nike’s Global Logistics Summit on sustainability trends, BSR’s Collaborative Initiatives, and opportunities for leadership in Beaverton, Oregon.
- October 8: Advisory Services Associate Director Alison Colwell will speak at the Association for Mining Exploration British Columbia’s CSR Community of Practice meeting in Vancouver.
- October 8: Olson will speak at the conference Metrics That Matter, Messages That Motivate on making the business case for sustainability in healthcare, hosted by the Wharton School’s Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership at in San Francisco.
- October 8: Vice President for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen will speak on anticorruption in the maritime industry at the Danish Maritime Days in Copenhagen.
- October 9: HERproject Director Racheal Meiers will speak at the Women’s Wear Daily Global Sourcing Forum in New York.
- October 9-10: Vice President for Asia-Pacific Jeremy Prepscius will attend the Economist Innovation Awards and Summit in Hong Kong. BSR is a partner of this event.
- October 14: BSR EMEA Director Farid Baddache will speak on a panel at the AEF Group’s event on whether CSR is a “soft” or “binding” law about supply chain audit efficiency. BSR is pleased to be a partner of this event.
- October 16: Olson will attend a meeting of the U.K. Freight Transport Association’s British Shippers’ Council to speak about BSR’s Clean Cargo Working Group in London.
- October 17: Olson will participate in IKEA’s Sustainability in Transportation workshop, with representatives from IKEA, Greenpeace, and the WBCSD in Helsingborg, Sweden
- October 22: Advisory Services Director Tara Norton will speak on a United Nations Global Compact webinar on supply chain traceability in the forestry sector.
- October 28: Springer will moderate the panel Distributed Sustainability Solutions for Manufacturing Facilities at VERGE in San Francisco.
- October 29: Partnership Development and Research Director Edward Cameron will speak on the GlobeScan webinar Climate Change Mobilization—The Role for Business to Engage Consumers. IKEA Chief Sustainability Officer Steve Howard and CDP Executive Chairman will also speak, and GlobeScan CEO Chris Coulter will moderate.
- October 30: HERproject Associate Lauren Shields will lead a workshop with the National Organization of Peer Educators on the BSR HERproject's methodology and curriculum for Kenyan NGOs working in the field of health in Nairobi.
What We’re Hosting
- October 14-16: Norton and Advisory Services Manager Andrew Matthews will facilitate the annual general meeting of the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Initiative at Eli Lilly and Company Headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- October 15-16: Transport and Logistics Associate Director Angie Farrag-Thibault, Advisory Services Manager Rosa Kusbiantoro, and Advisory Services Associates Julia Beier and Martin Benderson will lead the second bi-annual members' meeting of the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network in Singapore. BSR will also host a reception on October 14 for companies and stakeholders interested in knowing more about this collaborative initiative (for inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- October 21: We will host the BSR Connect event Developing Climate-Resilient Transport and Logistics Strategies with representatives from Marks & Spencer and UPS at our Copenhagen office. Olson will speak, and Farrag-Thibault will moderate.
- October 28: We will host a French-language breakfast event on the business benefits of women’s empowerment, with speakers from the French development agency AFD at our Paris office. Baddache will moderate the discussion.
- October 30-31: Farrag-Thibault and Advisory Services Manager Alice Valvodova will participate in the second in-person meeting of the Container Ship Safety Forum in Athens.