Julia Robinson, Communications Associate, BSR
Of course, BSR is preparing for our 20th Anniversary Conference—taking place in New York from October 23-26, with more than 30 sessions on sustainability and business—but we’ll make a few stops before then and host a couple of other events of our own. Register now to join us at Conference, or say hello to us at the following events.
Where We’ll Be
- Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen, Vice President, Europe, Middle East, and Africa, will attend the European Climate Foundation dinner event in London on October 1, in connection with the 64th Session of the Marine Environment Protection Committee.
- Associate David Korngold and Manager Marshall Chase will present at the AT&T Information Communications Technology Sustainability Mini-Conference at the CR COMMIT! Forum and will then attend the rest of the forum, from October 2-3, in New York.
- Communications Manager Eva Dienel and I will be in Austin, Texas, for SXSW Eco from October 3-5.
- Manager Ryan Flaherty and Director Kai Robertson will be at the Food Marketing Institute/Grocery Manufacturers Association Sustainability Summit from October 3-5 and will moderate a session on innovative approaches to driving value up the supply chain.
- Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen will moderate a workshop on the integration of ESG (environmental, social, and governance responsibility) into risk management on October 5 at the Private Equity International Responsible Investment Forum in Amsterdam.
- Director Michael Oxman will moderate a special session, “Partnering with Communities to Maintain our License to Operate,” at the Society of Petroleum Engineers Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition in San Antonio, Texas, on October 8.
- Senior Vice President Eric Olson will represent BSR at the inaugural members meeting of the Sustainability Consortium from October 9-11 in Phoenix, Arizona.
- On October 10, Manager Angie Farrag will attend an OECD workshop held in Paris, "Bribery in International Business Transactions," to discuss the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network's success as a collaborative initiative addressing bribery and corruption in the supply chain. BSR is the secretariat for MACN.
- Director Mark Little, Manager Sarah Dolton-Zborowski, and Associate Andrew Matthews will attend the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Initiative members' meeting from October 17-18 at Bristol-Myers Squibb in Princeton, New Jersey.
- HERproject Manager Racheal Yager will appear on the panel “Fashioning Development: Leveraging Social Enterprise in the Apparel Industry” at Net Impact on October 26 in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Manager Alejandra Martin will co-host the public consultation of the Bettercoal Code in South Africa the week of October 29.
What We’re Hosting
- Managing Director Dunstan Allison Hope, Managers Ryan Schuchard and Sasha Radovich, and Associate Tiffany Finley will hold a roundtable, "Climate 2.0: The New Climate Sustainability Priorities for ICT," at Hewlett-Packard headquarters in Palo Alto, California, on October 4.
- On October 5, Director Tara Norton and Managers Cody Sisco and Jason Ho will hold a “Building Shared Value Workshop,” Redesigning Supply Chains: From Risk to Opportunity, in our Paris office.
- Eric Olson, Ryan Flaherty, Associate Corinna Kester, and BSR Senior Advisor Sissel Waage will be present at BSR’s Ecosystem Services Annual Forum, held from October 30-November 1, in Orlando, Florida.