With our 20th anniversary Conference successfully behind us, BSR is back to business as usual, although our thoughts are with those affected by Hurricane Sandy across the Caribbean and the eastern United States.
Where We’ll Be
- President and CEO Aron Cramer will give a speech to the Japanese business association Keidanren in Tokyo on November 2.
- Manager Laura Ediger will attend a workshop, “Green Shipping and Supply Chain,” hosted by the APEC Port Services Network in Hong Kong on Nov 5.
- Director Michael Oxman will speak at the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) Exposition and Annual Meeting in Las Vegas from November 5-9.
- Managers Marshall Chase and Ryan Schuchard are attending the VERGE @Greenbuild Conference in San Francisco from November 12-13.
- Aron will also participate in the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Summit, and Director Ted Howes will chair WEF’s Global Agenda Council on Sustainable Consumption in Dubai from November 12-14.
- Ryan Schuchard will also attend the Business Ethics and Compliance Working Group of the Eurasia-sponsored U.S.-Russian Civil Society Partnership Program in Washington, DC, from Nov 14-16.
- Director Farid Baddache will moderate a panel on supply chain with Carlsberg, Oxylane, and PepsiCo Brazil at the World Forum of Responsible Economy, held in Lille on November 14-16.
- Manager Alejandra Martin will conduct the in-country consultation for the Bettercoal Code in Moscow on November 20.
- BSR will present our work on women’s empowerment and HERproject at the Gender Equality and Corporate Social Responsibility: Enhancing Business Competitiveness conference, hosted by UN Women, All-China Women’s Federation, and German development agency GIZ, in Beijing on November 27.
- Director Tara Norton will attend the Global Social Compliance Program General Meeting in Zurich on November 27.
- Farid and Manager Sasha Radovich will facilitate and present BSR’s conflict minerals work on our downstream implementation pilot of the OECD guidance at the OECD Conflict Minerals Meeting on November 27-30 in Paris. Analyst Julia Beier will attend the event as well.
- Tara will also attend the SAI Platform launch of the “First Sustainable Agriculture Sourcing Guide for Practitioners,” at the International Supply Chain Congress in Amsterdam on November 29.
What BSR is Hosting
- BSR-REVER will host an event, "Food, Beverage, and Agriculture and Sustainability: A Discussion with South American Companies," in São Paulo on November 8. RSVP today to email@example.com.
- Our Paris office will host a “Grand Débat” with Jean-Luc Beylat, president, Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs on November 22.