Julia Robinson, Communications Associate, BSR
BSR is heading to a number of cutting-edge sustainability conferences around the world in May. We’re also hosting high-profile events of our own in Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Dubai, Paris, Rome, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. Come find us!
Where We’ll Be
- May 1: Senior Vice President Eric Olson will moderate “The Future of Energy Part 1: The New Energy Boom and How to Avoid a Climate Bust” at the Ceres Conference in San Francisco.
- May 2-3: Europe Director Farid Baddache and Advisory Services Associate Director Marshall Chase will be in Paris for the ICGLR-OECD-UN meeting on due diligence for conflict minerals.
- May 9: Human Rights Advisor Christine Bader and Human Rights Director Faris Natour will attend the Engaging Business Forum in Atlanta, Georgia.
- May 9: Research Director Edward Cameron will attend the World Environment Center’s Gold Medal Gala, honoring Unilever for its Sustainable Living Plan, and the accompanying Gold Medal Colloquium in Washington, D.C.
- May 9-10: Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Director Sissel Waage will speak at the University of California Santa Barbara.
- May 14: Advisory Services Associate Director Alison Colwell and Manager Roger McElrath will present on a human rights panel at the International Association of Impact Assessment (IAIA) annual conference in Calgary, Canada.
- May 14: Advisory Services Manager Celine Suarez will speak in the session “From Smart to Wise Cities: Sustainable Urban Development in Emerging Markets,” at VERGE Boston. There’s still time to register with the BSR network discount.
- May 14-15: Advisory Services Associate Director Chris Nolan will attend the Myanmar Investment Summit in Hong Kong.
- May 16: Olson will also attend the Unilever Sustainable Living Advisory Council meeting and Unilever Sustainable Living Plan Round Table in New York.
- May 17: Consumer Products Associate Director Elisa Niemtzow will present “Reducing Environmental Impact by Responsible Consumption” at the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit in New York.
- May 22: Financial Services Director John Hodges will speak at the Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment (USSIF annual conference) in Chicago.
- May 22-24: President and CEO Aron Cramer will chair a plenary panel at the GRI Global Conference on Sustainability and Reporting in Amsterdam. BSR is also hosting a members lunch at the event on May 22, and Advisory Services Director Guy Morgan and EMEA Communications Manager Stéphanie Leblanc will attend. Register now by email.
- May 28-30: Partnership Development Manager Jennifer Schappert will attend the Women Deliver Conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
What We’ll Host
- May 2: A number of BSR staff, including Olson, Climate and Energy Manager Ryan Schuchard, and Associate Director of Communications Eva Dienel, will be at BSR’s Future of Fuels Stakeholder Forum on Fuel Sustainability in San Francisco. (Journalists covering energy issues can email Dienel for a media pass.)
- May 13: Olson and Schuchard will participate in BSR’s Supplier Carbon Performance workshop, “Driving Real Climate Action: Finding the Supply Chain Carbon Lever,” cohosted by WRI in Washington, D.C.
- May 14-16: Health Care Director Mark Little will speak at the first Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Initiative Conference, focused on strengthening capacity among suppliers in the pharmaceutical value chain, in Rome.
- May 14-17: Transport and Logistics Associate Director Angie Farrag and Advisory Services Associates Jonathan Morris and Nathan Springer will lead the Clean Cargo Working Group in-person meeting, hosted by United Arab Shipping Company, in Dubai.
- May 21: Little and Advisory Services Manager Cecile Oger will lead the Health Care Working Group meeting, hosted by Novo Nordisk, in Copenhagen.
- May 30: Morgan and EMEA intern Natalia Selivanova will lead the Sustainable Luxury Working Group meeting, hosted by Cartier, in Paris.