This month, as we prepare to launch registration for the BSR Conference 2018 (stay tuned, and join our mailing list if you want to hear about it!), we’re also hosting, attending, and speaking at several other sustainability events around the world.
From the UN climate negotiations in Germany, to the Copenhagen Fashion Summit, to events about the Global Climate Action Summit, here’s where we’ll be in May.
What We’ll Host
- May 3: Senior Vice President Eric Olson, Consumer Sectors Director Jorgette Mariñez, and Manager Byron Austin will host a dinner with sustainability leaders to discuss a shared agenda for 21st-century business in Chicago.
- May 15: President and CEO Aron Cramer and Manager Kelly Gallo will host an event at the Salesforce Offices in San Francisco for businesses to learn more about the Global Climate Action Summit and opportunities to engage.
- May 16: Cramer and Gallo will host a webinar to share information about the Global Climate Action Summit. This webinar will be held at two times for our global audiences.
- May 16: We will celebrate our 10th anniversary in New York with a happy hour.
- May 24: Our Paris office will hold a BSR Connect event on the French due diligence law and the strategic importance of a human rights impact assessment for companies as part of their vigilance plans.
Where We’ll Be
- April 30-May 10: Climate Director David Wei, Manager Samantha Harris, and Associate Katie Abbott will attend the UN climate negotiations in Bonn, Germany.
- May 1: Sustainable Futures Lab Director Jacob Park and Manager Jonathan Morris will attend the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures' U.S. Scenario Analysis Conference, hosted by Bloomberg LP in New York.
- May 4: Maritime Anti-Corruption Network Program Director Cecilia Müller Torbrand will speak at the 3rd Annual Global Anti-Corruption and Compliance Summit in Amsterdam.
- May 4: Manager Salah Husseini will speak on the 49th Symposium on International Relations panel entitled “Protecting Workers’ Rights: A Global Perspective on the Role of Business and Other Stakeholders” in New Haven, Connecticut.
- May 9: Harris will moderate a panel during the UN climate negotiations on “The Role of Women in Climate-Resilient Supply Chains” in Bonn.
- May 15-16: Senior Vice President Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen will moderate the session on “Digitalization and the Future of Fashion” with Spencer Fung, CEO of the Li & Fung Group, at the Copenhagen Fashion Summit. Managing Director Elisa Niemtzow will attend the event.
- May 16-17: Managing Director Tara Norton will attend the World Procurement Congress 18 in London.
- May 16-17: Morris will attend the Luxe Pack New York creative/luxury packaging tradeshow in New York.
- May 16-18: Managing Director Dunstan Allison-Hope and Associate Michaela Lee will attend RightsCon in Toronto. Allison-Hope will moderate a panel on the new frontier for law enforcement relationship reporting.
- May 17: Associate Director Michael Rohwer will speak on conflict minerals reporting at the Silicon Valley Conflict Minerals and Human Trafficking Forum in Sunnyvale, California.
- May 17: Sustainability Management Managing Director Alison Taylor will speak at the Transparency International 8th Annual Day of Dialogue in Toronto.
- May 21-25: Manager Berkley Rothmeier will attend the Sustainable Apparel Coalition annual meeting in Vancouver.
- May 23-24: Manager Lauren Shields will speak in sessions on gender equality and workers’ voices at the 2018 Global Sustainability Standards Conference in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- May 29-30: Taylor will attend the OECD Forum in Paris.
- May 31: Cramer will deliver a keynote speech at the Global Mining Human Resources Forum in Toronto.