Julia Robinson, Associate, Communications, BSR
This month, BSR staff will attend, speak at, or host events on everything from sustainability reporting, to social investing in Asia, to sustainable shipping.
Where We’ll Be
- April 29-May 1: Advisory Services Manager Matt Raimondi will attend the Walmart Sustainable Products Expo in Bentonville, Arkansas.
- May 2: Partnership Development and Research Manager Cammie Erickson will present on BSR's HERproject to Mercer Consulting employees in New York.
- May 5: Advisory Services Director Guy Morgan will attend an Econsense event on integrated reporting in Berlin.
- May 8: HERproject Associate Lauren Shields will speak about opportunities for companies to participate in the HERproject farm program at the EU-Kenya Trade and Investment Forum in Nairobi.
- May 14-16: Partnership Development and Research Manager Brooke Avory will attend the Asia Venture Philanthropy Network Conference 2014 in Singapore.
- May 19-21: President and CEO Aron Cramer will moderate the panel “Climate Politics: How Can Corporate America Help Build a Bipartisan Movement to Reduce Carbon Emissions Before It’s Too Late?” at Fortune Brainstorm Green in Laguna Niguel, California.
- May 20: Partnership Development and Research Director Edward Cameron will speak at a corporate environmental forum hosted by ORCHSE Strategies in Washington, D.C.
- May 20: Morgan will appear on the webinar “Sustainability Reporting and Management Best Practices: From G4 to Digital Reporting, What Smart Companies Are Doing,” organized by Enablon and Greenbiz.
- May 21-22: Europe, Middle East, and Africa Director Farid Baddache will speak on a panel at the Econsense “Investment and Innovation in Sustainability” conference in Berlin. Advisory Services Associate Julia Beier will also attend.
- May 21-22: Advisory Services Associate Director Alison Colwell will attend “Sustainability Exchange: Transformation through Collaboration,” hosted by the IFC in Washington, D.C.
- May 29: Financial Services Director John Hodges will speak about “Adapting to Climate Change: A Guide for the Financial Services Industry” at the Japan Sustainable Investment Forum’s member meeting in Tokyo.
- May 30: Hodges will also present on recent trends in investor environmental, social, and governance engagement to the Japanese Council for Better Corporate Citizenship membership in Tokyo.
What We’re Hosting
- May 6: BSR will host the event “Using the New G4 Guidelines for Effective Reporting” in Beijing.
- May 8: BSR’s Future of Fuels will host an open-invitation stakeholder dialogue, “Bringing Better Transportation Fuels to Scale: Opportunities for Collaboration,” in partnership with ACT Expo in Long Beach, California. The discussion will be led by Advisory Services Senior Vice President Eric Olson and Climate and Energy Associate Director Ryan Schuchard.
- May 14: Morgan will moderate the BSR members-only Sustainability Matters Webinar “Evolving Frameworks: Strategies for Sustainability Reporting” with representatives from BNY Mellon and SABIC.
- May 14-15: BSR’s Clean Cargo Working Group will hold its biannual members' meeting, hosted by CMA CGM, in Marseille, France. Interested companies are welcome to join the meeting as observers. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- May 20: Vice President for Asia-Pacific Jeremy Prepscius will launch BSR's "Mobilizing HERhealth" program, in partnership with Qualcomm's Wireless Reach initiative, Thundersoft, and China Mobile, at a media roundtable in Beijing.
- May 21: BSR and REVER Consulting will host an event on human rights impacts in the Brazilian context for companies in the information and communications technology, consumer products, and food, beverage, and agriculture sectors in São Paulo.
- May 28: BSR’s Container Ship Safety Forum will conduct its first in-person meeting in Marseille, France. The meeting will be led by Transport and Logistics Associate Director Angie Farrag-Thibault and Advisory Services Manager Alice Valvodova.