This May we will introduce our Business Leadership for an Inclusive Economy strategy in New York, kick off the BSR Spring Forum Series 2015 with three climate events in Europe, and launch registration for the BSR Conference 2015: Resilient Business, Resilient World. Staff will also host and attend a number of sustainability events.
What We’re Hosting
- May 6: We will launch BSR’s inclusive economy strategy at an event hosted with the Rockefeller Foundation in New York. President and CEO Aron Cramer, Partnership Development and Research Vice President Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen, and Inclusive Economy Director Racheal Meiers will speak.
- May 7: Advisory Services Senior Vice President Eric Olson, Climate Change Associate Director Ryan Schuchard, and Advisory Services Manager Nate Springer will facilitate the Future of Fuels forum “Buying More Sustainable Fuel: The Measurement Challenge” at ACTExpo in Dallas, Texas.
- May 11-12: BSR's Future of Internet Power will host a Corporate Renewables Partnership workshop in collaboration with Rocky Mountain Institute's Business Renewables Center, and World Wildlife Fund and World Resources Institute’s Corporate Renewable Energy Buyers’ Principles, in San Francisco.
- May 13: Advisory Services Managing Director John Hodges will moderate the Sustainability Matters webinar “CSR-Based Pay Incentives” with speakers from Barclays and GlaxoSmithKline (member log-in required).
- May 19: BSR will host a “Strategy, Materiality, and Integration Training,” which is open to all corporate practitioners, in New York.
- May 22: Partnership Development and Research Managing Director Edward Cameron will moderate a panel at the BSR Spring Forum kick-off event “Fast Mitigation for High-Emitting Sectors” in Paris.
- May 26: Olson and Transport and Logistics Associate Director Angie Farrag-Thibault will speak at the BSR Spring Forum event “Smart Freight Leadership” in Leipzig, Germany.
- May 27: BSR Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Director Sissel Waage will moderate a Sustainability Matters webinar on water risk and opportunity as part of a special water event hosted with our partners at REVER in São Paulo.
- May 28: Olson, Supply Chain Sustainability Director Tara Norton, and Partnership Development and Research Manager Emilie Prattico will speak at the BSR Spring Forum event “Building Climate-Resilient Supply Chains” in London.
Where We’ll Be
- April 30-May 1: Advisory Services Director Alison Taylor and Associate Director Roger McElrath will attend the Responsible Extractives Summit in Houston, Texas.
- May 5: Cramer will attend the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan annual gathering in London.
- May 7: Advisory Services Associate Director Alison Colwell will attend "The Next Billion: Women and the Economy of the Future" in Vancouver, British Columbia. BSR is a partner of this event.
- May 8: Partnership Development and Research Associate Director Chhavi Ghuliani will speak at the roundtable event “Reaching New Segments: Moving Garment Factory Workers from Access to Inclusion,” hosted by Women’s World Banking and Citi Foundation in Mumbai.
- May 12: Information and Communications Technology Manager Alice Valvodova will attend the Telenor Sustainability Seminar in London.
- May 19-20: Consumer Sectors Director Elisa Niemtzow will attend the Sustainable Apparel Coalition’s European regional meeting in Amsterdam.
- May 20: Cramer will moderate a session on cities at the Business and Climate Summit in Paris. BSR is a partner of this event, which takes place May 20-21, and several BSR staff members will also attend.
- May 20: BSR Vice President Laura Gitman will conduct the webinar “Good Practices for Licensors’ Social and Environmental Requirements” for the Society of Product Licensors Committed to Excellence.
- May 20-21: Taylor and Colwell will attend the IFC Sustainability Exchange in Washington, D.C.
- May 21: Gitman will attend the Circular Economy CE100 Workshop, cohosted by the Ellen MacArthur Foundation and Closed Loop Fund, hosted by Columbia University in New York.
- May 21: Pruzan-Jorgensen will speak and moderate a session at an event hosted by the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering in Copenhagen.
May 21: Dienel and Communications Associate Director Stéphanie Leblanc will attend the Sustainable Innovation Forum 2015 Stakeholder Launch event in Paris.
- May 22: Cramer will moderate a session at the International Climate Finance Day: On the Road to COP21 in Paris.
- May 26: Cramer will participate in a CSR Chat with Susan McPherson from 1-2 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time. Join the conversation on Twitter using #CSRchat.
- May 26-28: Advisory Services Associate Director Jorgette Mariñez will be at the Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council 2015 Summit in Seattle, Washington. BSR is a partner of this event.