Julia Robinson, Communications Associate, BSR
BSR staff will speak at or host a dizzying number of sustainability events in March. If you see us, say hello!
Where We’ll Be
- Manager Alison Colwell will attend the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada Convention in Toronto March 3-6.
- On March 4, Advisory Services Manager Marshall Chase will appear on a panel at the Journal of Commerce’s Trans-Pacific Maritime Conference in Long Beach, California. He will discuss the carbon performance data methodology developed by BSR’s Clean Cargo Working Group to track and understand vessels’ environmental impacts.
- Partnership Development Associate Jennifer Schappert will be a panelist for the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council’s “Celebrating Womanhood: Menstrual Hygiene Management” on International Women’s Day, March 8, in Geneva.
- Advisory Services Manager Angie Farrag will travel to Doha, Qatar, to speak at the International Air Transport Association World Cargo Symposium on March 13. She is discussing carbon emissions measurement and reporting for air transport, also based on the Clean Cargo Working Group’s experiences.
- President and CEO Aron Cramer will be in Washington, D.C., on March 19 to attend an International Integrated Reporting Council meeting.
- Chief Administrative Officer Scott Travasos will speak at ProformaTech 2013 about solutions to financial accounting through cloud computing and internal social media platforms. The conference takes place March 20 in San Francisco.
- Digital Communications Manager Joyce Sood will speak on the panel “Getting Social Media Right in Corporate Social Responsibility” at the American Marketing Association’s Cause Conference in San Diego, California, on March 20.
- Advisory Services Manager Alejandra Martin will be in Bogotá, Colombia, on March 21-22 to speak at a Spanish-language consultation, "Extractive Industry, Communities, and Territorial Rights: Implications for Poverty Reduction and Climate Change," hosted by Ambiente y Sociedad and the Rights and Resources Initiative.
- Cramer will also speak at the Wall Street Journal’s ECO:nomics Conference in Santa Barbara, California, on the panel “Taking Action on Climate Change” on March 22.
- Advisory Services Director Tara Norton will join a panel on sustainable business models, “How Can We Achieve a Positive Value Chain?” at the HEC Sustainable Business Conference in Paris on March 22.
- CiYuan Manager Brooke Avory will speak at the State of Chinese Civil Society Forum, hosted by China Development Brief, on collaboration between local NGOs and international organizations.
What We’re Hosting
- Health Care Director Mark Little will facilitate three forums on access to health care: in Beijing on March 5, in Shanghai on March 7, and in São Paulo on March 26. For more information, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On March 8, BSR’s China Training Institute will host a salon on our Women Leadership in Manufacturing program in Guangzhou, China.
- Advisory Services Director Michael Oxman will travel to Rio de Janeiro for “Sustainability in the Energy and Extractives Sector” on March 13. South America Director Joe Sellwood will also speak.
- Director of Food, Beverage, and Agriculture Kai Robertson will join Norton in London for a "Food Waste Tour" from March 18 to 21, with dedicated business meetings and a special dinner.
- On March 19, BSR will host a “Petit Déjeuner” (breakfast) event in our Paris office (in French) on establishing decent wages in the supply chain, with Nayla Ajaltouni of Collectif Ethique sur l’Etiquette and BSR Advisory Services Associate Jean-Baptiste Andrieu.
- BSR will also be in London on March 19, where Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Director Sissel Waage and Senior Advisor Kit Armstrong will lead a half-day workshop, "Corporate Social and Environmental Performance 2.0: What Companies Need to Know about Ecosystem Services."
- In partnership with Guardian Sustainable Business Quarterly, BSR Human Rights Director Faris Natour will lead a Business and Human Rights Panel with speakers from Hitachi, Novo Nordisk, and Telenor on March 20.
- We’ll also host a workshop in our Paris office on March 26, “Reshaping Corporate Approaches to Sustainable Sourcing,” facilitated by Norton and Advisory Services Manager Cecile Oger.