If you're attending a sustainable business event this month, chances are, so is someone from BSR. Here's where we'll be—and what we're hosting. Visit our calendar for the latest information on our events.
Where We'll Be
- March 1: Advisory Services Associate Director Alison Colwell and Advisory Services Manager France Bourgouin spoke on the panel "Respecting Human Rights during the Exploration Phase" at the PDAC CSR event series in Toronto.
- March 2: Advisory Services Transport and Logistics Associate Director Angie Farrag-Thibault will facilitate the workshop "How to Leverage Industry Collaboration for Systemic Change" at the Eco Vadis Sustain Conference.
- March 3: Partnership Development and Research Associate Marat Yu will present a situational analysis at the roundtable "Improving the Nutritional Status of Female Garment Workers and their Children," hosted by the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition in Dhaka.
- March 4: Advisory Services Manager Nate Springer will facilitate the case-study panel "Greening Supply Chains—Improving your Carbon Footprint" with BSR Members HP and Maersk at the TPM Conference in Long Beach, California.
- March 5: HERproject Director Nathalie Roberts will speak on the panel "Expanding Financial Inclusion: New Tools for Empowerment" at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Corporate Citizenship Center's 2015 International Women's Day Forum in New York.
- March 6: Advisory Services Manager Corinna Kester will speak about BSR's food waste assessment for the Food Waste Reduction Alliance at the U.S. Department of Agriculture's expert meeting "Data on Food Donations and Food Sold Through Thrift or Discount Stores," in Washington, D.C.
- March 10: President and CEO Aron Cramer will participate in an Advisory Board meeting of the International Labour Organization/International Finance Corporation's Better Work program in Geneva.
- March 10: Advisory Services Senior Vice President Eric Olson will speak on a plenary panel on renewable energy procurement at the Open Compute Summit in San Jose, California.
- March 10-11: Vice President for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen and Inclusive Economy Director Racheal Meiers will attend the UN Women's Empowerment Principles Leadership Group meeting and International Women's Day event in New York.
- March 11: Advisory Services Managing Director John Hodges will lead a session on materiality at the annual meeting of the Global Environmental Management Initiative in Atlanta.
- March 13-17: Communications Manager Julia Robinson will be at South by Southwest Interactive in Austin, Texas.
- March 16-17: Advisory Services ICT Manager Alice Valvodova will participate in the Conflict-Free Sourcing Initiative Seminar Series "EU Implementation of Conflict Minerals Legislation: How to Incorporate Lessons from the Dodd-Frank Act?" in Brussels.
- March 18-19: Consumer Sectors Director Elisa Niemtzow will participate in the UNEP Multistakeholder Advisory Committee meeting for the Sustainable Lifestyles and Education Program in Tokyo.
- March 23: Cramer will attend the Maala Annual Forum in Tel Aviv.
- March 24: Cramer will also participate in a meeting of the Marks & Spencer Sustainability Advisory Board in London.
- March 24: Yu will also speak on the panel "Developing Interventions Along Supply Chains" at BRAC's Frugal Innovation Forum in Dhaka.
- March 25: Advisory Services Managing Director Dunstan Allison-Hope will moderate the panel "You, Me, and All Our Frenemies—Stakeholder Engagement in the ICT Sector" at RightsCon Southeast Asia in Manila.
- March 25: Supply Chain Sustainability Director Tara Norton will speak on the panel “Building Capacity: The Suppliers’ View” and Partnership Development and Research Manager Elissa Goldenberg will speak on the panel “Empowering Women in Global Supply Chains” at the Sedex Global Responsible Sourcing Conference in London.
- March 25-26: Farrag-Thibault and Advisory Services Associate Julia Beier will attend the OECD Integrity Forum 2015 on "Curbing Corruption—Investing in Growth" in Paris.
- March 26: Partnership Development and Research Associate Lauren Shields will speak at a roundtable on CSR in Ethiopia at the Hortiflora International Floriculture Trade Fair in Addis Ababa.
What We're Hosting
- March 10: BSR will host a local members' lunch in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- March 10-11: The HERproject team, including Roberts, Associate Director Chhavi Ghuliani, and Manager Elissa Goldenberg will host the first-ever Global HERfinance Convening, "Building Financial Inclusion in the Supply Chain," in Hong Kong. Communications Managing Director Melanie Janin will also attend.
- March 18-19: Advisory Services Managing Director Faris Natour, Manager Peter Nestor, and Human Rights Advisor Christine Bader will host a meeting of BSR's Human Rights Working Group in London.
- March 20: Niemtzow will speak at the BSR Connect event "Global Sustainability Trends in Consumer Sectors" in Tokyo.
- March 24: BSR will host the BSR Connect event "Women's Empowerment: The Case for Business Action" in partnership with CSR i Praktiken and UN Women in Stockholm.
- March 27: Vice President Laura Gitman will lead the BSR Connect event "Breakthroughs in Stakeholder Engagement" in New York.