Julia Robinson, Associate, Communications, BSR
This month, BSR staff will attend or host events from London to Dhaka, Berkeley to Brussels. Join us to explore sustainable business issues such as human rights due diligence, women’s empowerment, climate justice, and materiality and strategy, across every sector, including ICT, extractives, and apparel.
Where We'll Be
- March 4: Transport and Logistics Associate Director Angie Farrag-Thibault will attend the Arctic Summit 2014 in London.
- March 5: Advisory Services Manager Chloe Poynton and Partnership Development and Research Manager Chhavi Ghuliani will speak on the panel “Partnership Power: Leveraging Collaboration and Technology” at the Women’s Empowerment Principles annual event in New York.
- March 5: Advisory Services Manager Peter Nestor will facilitate the panel “Human Rights Obligations of Home States and Parent Companies” at RightsCon in San Francisco.
- March 7-11: Communications Associate Julia Robinson will attend SXSW Interactive in Austin, Texas.
- March 12: President and CEO Aron Cramer will participate in an advisory board meeting for ILO/IFC Better Work in Geneva.
- March 12: Partnership Development and Research Director Edward Cameron will speak about climate justice at the University of California, Berkeley, Law School’s Environmental Justice Symposium.
- March 17: Cameron will discuss the business case for climate action at the Carbon Disclosure Project’s Spring Workshop 2014 in New York.
- March 17-19: Cramer, Advisory Services Director Michael Oxman, and Advisory Services managers Chloe Poynton and France Bourgouin will speak and participate in sessions at the 2014 Society of Petroleum Engineers International Conference in Long Beach, California.
- March 19: Information and Communications Technology Manager Alice Valvodova will speak on the panel “Going Beyond Tier 1: Driving Sustainability Throughout the Supply Chain” at the EICC Responsible Electronics Human Rights Symposium in Brussels.
- March 19: Farrag-Thibault will also speak on a panel about new anticorruption projects during the OECD Forum on Integrity in Paris.
- March 19 and 26: BSR Human Rights Advisor Christine Bader will celebrate the launch of her book, The Evolution of a Corporate Idealist: When Girl Meets Oil, with events at Georgetown University and the NYU Stern School of Business.
- March 26-27: Managing Director Laura Gitman will discuss connecting materiality and business strategy at the Biopharma Sustainability Roundtable in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- March 28-30: HERproject Associate Marat Yu will attend the BRAC Frugal Innovation Forum in Savar, Bangladesh.
What We’re Hosting
- March 3: BSR’s ICT and human rights teams, in partnership with Access, will host a reception for select ICT companies and digital rights experts in BSR’s San Francisco office. The reception is a satellite event during RightsCon.
- March 5: Yu will also facilitate the HERproject Bangladesh Buyer Working Group, hosted by Li & Fung, in Dhaka.
- March 7: To celebrate International Women’s Day, the launch of our Walmart Women in Factories China program, and the publication of a BSR HERproject China report, we will host an event, “The Power of Investing in Women Workers,” in Guangzhou.
- March 11-12: BSR’s Human Rights Working Group will hold its first meeting of 2014 in London.
- March 13: BSR will also host an event on conflict minerals and small-scale mining issues, including child labor, in London. This event is supported by the GE Foundation and held in collaboration with Pact.
- March 12: BSR will host a Sustainability Matters webinar, “Investing in Women: The Role of Finance in Women’s Empowerment,” with speakers from Calvert Investments, Women’s World Banking, and BSR’s HERfinance initiative. This webinar is open to the public.
- March 19-20: Advisory Services Director Tara Norton and Advisory Services Manager Andrew Matthews will facilitate the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Initiative's European member event in Frankfurt.
- March 27: The BSR Board of Directors will meet in New York.