Julia Robinson, Communications Associate, BSR
As summer warms up in the Northern Hemisphere, BSR staff will again jet around the world to lend our voices to a number of sustainability events. We’ll also host events of our own for the BSR network, including a celebration for the opening of our Copenhagen office.
Where We’ll Be
- June 3-4: Advisory Services Associate Director Marshall Chase will discuss cross-sector collaboration, product stewardship, and conflict minerals with the Conference Board’s Product Stewardship and Regulatory Affairs Council in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- June 4: Managing Director Laura Gitman will speak at the Better Business Bureau Forum on Corporate Responsibility VI in New York.
- June 4: Director Tara Norton will speak on the panel “How Can Social Responsibility of Organizations Become More Operational?” at the Ateliers Terre-UNESCO Global Conference in Paris.
- June 4-5: Financial Services Director John Hodges will attend the Equator Principles Conference in Amsterdam.
- June 4-6: South America Director Joe Sellwood will be at the New Cities Summit in São Paulo.
- June 4-7: Transport and Logistics Associate Director Angie Farrag will speak about the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN) with MACN member companies Grieg Star and the Norwegian Ship Owners Association at the NOR-Shipping Conference in Oslo. Advisory Services Manager France Bourgouin will also attend.
- June 5: President and CEO Aron Cramer will moderate two private sessions, “The Shifting Role of Civil Society” and “Implementing Standards for Business and Human Rights,” at the World Economic Forum on East Asia in Myanmar. Associate Director Chris Nolan will also attend the event, which runs through June 7.
- June 6: Senior Vice President Eric Olson will speak on “The State of Sustainable Procurement” at the Sustainable Brands Conference in San Diego. Communications Managing Director Melanie Janin will also attend.
- June 11-12: Bourgouin will speak on CSR and governance for the uranium industry at the AusIMM International Uranium Conference in Darwin, Australia.
- June 12-13: Research Manager Jessica Davis Pluess will participate in the Institute for the Future’s Health Horizons Conference in Sausalito, California.
- June 13: Vice President for Europe, Middle East, and Africa Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen will moderate the workshop “Identifying, Managing, and Measuring Social Factors” at the Private Equity International Responsible Investment Forum in London.
- June 18: Advisory Services Director Chengbo Wang will be a panelist on “How to Successfully Invest in Africa’s Mining Industry as a Chinese Investor” at Mines and Money Beijing.
- June 20: Wang and Nolan will also facilitate a half-day workshop on stakeholder engagement at Mines and Money Beijing.
- June 25: Farrag will moderate a roundtable discussion, “What More Can Be Done to ‘Green’ the Container Supply Chain,” at TOC Container Supply Chain Europe in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- June 26: Olson will deliver a keynote address at BSCI’s 10th anniversary conference in Brussels.
- June 27: Europe Director Farid Baddache will moderate the panel “How Big Data Drives Sustainability” at the GreenBiz Convergence Forum in Paris.
What We’re Hosting
- June 6-7: Bettercoal will convene a two-day meeting with its members and stakeholder advisory group to finalize the Bettercoal Code in BSR's Paris office. The meeting will be led by Farrag and Advisory Services Associates Charlotte Bancilhon and Jean-Baptiste Andrieu.
- June 10-12: Farrag will lead the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network in-person meeting in Copenhagen.
- June 11: Future of Fuels will host its first of four virtual roundtable discussions about corporate fuel sustainability, scheduled for June and July. The first roundtable is on oil and will be led by Climate and Energy Manager Ryan Schuchard.
- June 11: Baddache and Bancilhon will organize a breakfast event, “Human Rights and Companies: From Risk Management to Positive Contribution” at our Paris office.
- June 20: Baddache and Bourgouin will lead a one-day workshop, “Lessons Learned on Human Rights Strategy Implementation for Capital-Intensive Companies,” at our Paris office.
- June 25: Schuchard will lead Future of Fuels' second of four virtual roundtable discussions about corporate fuel sustainability. This webinar will cover natural gas.
- June 25-26: Human Rights Director Faris Natour, Advisory Services Manager Peter Nestor, and Human Rights Advisor Christine Bader will lead our Human Rights Working Group meeting on human rights governance and valuation in Washington, D.C.
- June 26: Partnership Development Manager Jennifer Schappert and Associate Elissa Goldenberg will conduct a workshop to introduce local NGOs to the HERproject methodology, curriculum, and Toolbuilder in Bangalore, India.
- June 26: BSR will celebrate the opening of its second European office in Copenhagen. Cramer and Pruzan-Jorgensen will lead a discussion with Richard Gillies, Director of Plan A, CSR, and Sustainable Business at Marks & Spencer.