Julia Robinson, Communications Associate, BSR
This month, BSR will attend events exploring sustainability issues including food waste and global sourcing, and we’ll host webinars and events on everything from the future outlook of fuels to access to healthcare. We hope to see you there.
Where We’ll Be
- July 2: Advisory Services Director Tara Norton will participate in a food waste brainstorming meeting hosted by the United Nations Environment Programme and Food and Agriculture Organization in Paris.
- July 3: Advisory Services Manager Adam Lane will moderate “How to Sustain Programs of Operational Excellence” at Private Equity International’s Value Creation Forum in Beijing.
- July 3: Advisory Services Associate Director Laura Ediger will discuss shipping emissions on a panel at the APEC Transportation Working Group Meeting in Bali.
- July 5: Advisory Services Director Chengbo Wang will attend International Financing’s “Top 10 Green Innovative Enterprise” awards ceremony in Beijing. Wang was a member of the selection committee.
- July 18: Advisory Services Managing Director Laura Gitman will speak at a KKR breakfast event in New York. She will discuss sustainable global sourcing with New York Times correspondent Steven Greenhouse.
What We’re Hosting
- July 9: BSR’s Future of Fuels will host its third webinar-based practitioner discussion on corporate fuel sustainability. This event, led by Climate and Energy Manager Ryan Schuchard, will focus on biofuels, and registration is still open.
- July 10: Financial Services Director John Hodges will moderate the BSR-members-only Sustainability Matters Webinar “Redefining Corporate Value: The Future of Sustainability Ratings.” Hodges will discuss the next generation of sustainability ratings with Allen White and Mark Tulay of the Global Initiative for Sustainability Ratings.
- July 19: Our Beijing team will host the next in a monthly series of lunches on healthcare issues for BSR member companies. This event will focus on evaluating the impact of access to healthcare programs.
- July 23: BSR’s Future of Fuels will host its fourth webinar-based practitioner discussion on corporate fuel sustainability. This event, led by Schuchard, will focus on electric vehicles, and registration is still open.