Happy New Year from everyone at BSR. 2017 is a pivotal year for business to take the lead on sustainability, as our President and CEO Aron Cramer recently wrote. Here are the events we’re hosting, attending, and speaking at around the world this month to kick off a year of redoubling our commitment to building a just and sustainable world.
What We’re Hosting
- January 12: Director Asako Nagai will host an event in Tokyo to discuss the implications of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights for Japanese companies, focusing on the country’s recent national action plan for implementing the principles.
- January 24: Our executive leadership team will host a BSR members-only webinar, “The Sustainability Outlook for 2017: How Business Leads,” which will touch on our predictions for the future of sustainability in 2017 and beyond. This webinar will be held at two times to accommodate our global audiences—visit this page to register for the webinar for participants in Asia and on the U.S. West Coast, which will be held on January 26.
- January 25: BSR will host a webinar to introduce companies to Business Action for Women, our new collaborative initiative aimed at driving collective action on women’s empowerment.
- January 26: Director Elisa Niemtzow and Manager Charlotte Bancilhon will host a French-language BSR Connect breakfast on "Improving a Sustainability Strategy with Materiality" in our Paris office.
Where We’ll Be
- January 13-14: Director Alison Taylor will present a paper on the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network and systemic change at the American Society of International Law’s Anti-Corruption Law Interest Group conference in Miami, Florida.
- January 16-18: Associate Director Karlyn Adams will facilitate a Green Freight Asia Member Workshop in Singapore.
- January 16-20: Cramer will speak on the circular economy and executive pay at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland.
- January 17: Managing Director Dunstan Allison-Hope will participate in a Twitter chat on smart cities with AT&T.
- January 24: Inclusive Economy Associate Director Susan Winterberg will attend a convening on responsible contracting practices hosted by the American Sustainable Business Council and the National Employment Law Project in Washington, D.C.