It’s a new year, and BSR staff are once again headed to several sustainability events. Check our events calendar for the latest on BSR-hosted events, and stay tuned to hear thoughts on the World Economic Forum from our President and CEO Aron Cramer, who will participate in the event later this month.
Where We’ll Be
- January 6-7: President and CEO Aron Cramer participated in the board meeting of the Natural Capital Coalition in The Hague.
- January 12-13: Cramer is participating in the board meeting of the We Mean Business coalition in Pocantico, New York.
- January 14: Inclusive Economy Director Racheal Meiers will participate in “Win-Win: Building New Partnerships and Fostering Strategic Engagement for Women’s Empowerment,” hosted by the Association for Women’s Rights in Development, Mama Cash, and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Amsterdam.
- January 14: Communications Associate Julia Robinson will attend a Climate One event, featuring Apple Vice President for Environmental Initiatives Lisa Jackson and Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Chair Rajendra Pachauri, in San Francisco.
- January 14: Consumer Sectors Associate Director Jorgette Mariñez will participate in the United Nations Environment Program’s Sustainable Public Procurement working group workshop “Measuring and Communicating the Benefits of Sustainable Public Purchasing” at the U.S. Department of Environmental Protection in Washington, D.C.
- January 20-24: Cramer will speak at the World Economic Forum in Davos Klosters, Switzerland. In addition to several private sessions, he will co-host an event on climate change and technology with the Global Reporting Initiative on January 21 and participate in a session on “The Third Bottom Line,” on January 23.
- January 26-30: Partnership Development and Research Associate Marat Yu will attend a Difd workshop on preventing violence against women and girls in Istanbul.
- January 26: Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Director Sissel Waage will kick off co-teaching "Intrapreneurship for Sustainability: Driving Environmental Change from within Corporations" at Stanford University's Graduate School of Business with course lead Emma Stewart, who is head of sustainability solutions at Autodesk. Additional classes will take place January 28 and 30 and February 9, 11, and 13.
What We’re Hosting
- Financial Services Director John Hodges and Partnership Development and Research Associate Smruti Govan will lead a discussion of the effects of social impact investments on public services with a Japanese government and university delegation in BSR’s New York office.