BSR’s globe-trotting staff will attend or host several events this month, from San Francisco to Phnom Penh, Ann Arbor to Amman. We hope to see you there!
Where We’ll Be
- On February 2, Advisory Services Director Raj Sapru will speak on a panel about China at the Asia Business Conference, held at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business (University of Michigan) in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Analyst Julia Beier will attend a CSR youth conference in Berlin, February 6-7. The conference is held in collaboration with the Bertelsmann Foundation and German Council for Sustainable Development (PDF, in German).
- Advisory Services Managing Director Laura Gitman will speak on a webinar for MetricStream, “Social Compliance and Environmental Programs—Best Practices for Licensors and Licensees,” on February 7.
- Financial Services Director John Hodges and Asia Manager Jaewon Kim will be in Tokyo on February 26-27 to speak at the Tokyo Stock Exchange-Nippon Foundation Strategic CSR Summit (in Japanese).
- HERproject Manager Racheal Yeager will be at a Levi Strauss & Co. workshop in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, from February 26-28. The workshop will explore Levi’s Improving Worker Well-Being Strategy, including results from a global worker needs strategy conducted in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Egypt, Haiti, and Pakistan. Learn more about BSR’s work with this initiative.
- Partnership Development Director Nancy Wildfeir-Field will be a panelist for the China Institute’s “Corporate Social Responsibility in China,” part of its China Briefcase Series, on February 28 in New York. She’ll discuss BSR’s CiYuan initiative.
- President and CEO Aron Cramer and Senior Vice President Eric Olson will both speak at the GreenBiz Forum in San Francisco. Cramer will moderate a plenary speaker for “The New Language of Sustainability—Risk and Resilience” on February 27. Olson will lead a session, “The Future of Fuels,” on February 28. BSR staff members will attend both the San Francisco and New York forums—keep an eye out for us!
What We’re Hosting
- Advisory Services Manager Tue David Bak and Associate Lindsey Lim will be in Amman, Jordan, on February 5 to launch a Jordan-based working group on migration targeting the construction sector. The working group, led by BSR and the International Labor Organization and funded by the U.S. State Department, aims to improve the recruitment and working conditions of Egyptian migrants working in Jordan.
- Advisory Services Manager Angie Farrag will host an informational webinar on the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network on February 12 (2 p.m. Central European Time) for companies interested in the working group. Please contact Advisory Services Associate Jennifer Schappert for more information.