Julia Robinson, Associate, Communications, BSR
This month, BSR staff will attend, speak at, and host events on oceans, climate justice, the future of energy, how to enable sustainable consumer behaviors, and more. If you’re headed to the World Ocean Summit, GreenBiz Forum, Climate Leadership Conference, or any of the other events listed, look us up!
Where We’ll Be
- February 3: Partnership Development and Research Director Edward Cameron will organize a workshop on climate justice on behalf of the Oak Foundation in Geneva.
- February 4-6: Advisory Services Manager France Bourgouin will participate in meetings at the Mining Indaba in Cape Town, South Africa. The World Bank and World Wildlife Fund will host one of the meetings, on water, biodiversity, and sustainable landscapes, and the World Bank will also put on the second meeting, on responsible mining investment in conflict settings.
- February 18: President and CEO Aron Cramer will give a plenary speech on the link between social and environmental goals at the GreenBiz Forum 2014 in Scottsdale, Arizona. BSR is partner of this event.
- February 21: Advisory Services Manager Cecile Oger will facilitate a "CSR 101" workshop at Doing Good and Doing Well 2014, organized by the IESE Business School, in Barcelona.
- February 24: Advisory Services Senior Vice President Eric Olson will present on BSR’s Future of Fuels at the Climate Leadership Conference in San Diego.
- February 24-26: Communications Managing Director Melanie Janin and Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Director Sissel Waage will attend the Economist World Ocean Summit in Half Moon Bay, California. BSR is also a partner of this event.
What We’re Hosting
- February 11: EMEA Director Farid Baddache and Bourgouin will lead the French-language breakfast event “Human Rights Impact Assessments” in Paris. Michel Forst, general secretary of the French National Consultative Commission on Human Rights, will speak.
- February 12: We’ll host Japanese sustainable business group the Council for Better Corporate Citizenship at our San Francisco office.
- February 12: Consumer Products Associate Director Elisa Niemtzow will moderate our Sustainability Matters webinar “Creating Business Value through Sustainable Lifestyles,” open to all BSR members. Speakers will include representatives from Futerra Sustainability Communications and eBay, Inc.
- February 17: Olson and Climate and Energy Manager Ryan Schuchard will facilitate a discussion at Walmart about the company’s emerging transportation fuel sustainability strategy and how major users and influencers of heavy duty transportation can collaborate in Bentonville, Arkansas.