Julia Robinson, Communications Associate, BSR
This month, BSR staff members will speak about climate change, human rights, inclusive economy, women’s empowerment, and more at events around the world. And we’re starting to ramp up our 2015 events—check our calendar for the latest details on workshops, networking events, and more.
Where We’ll Be
- February 3: Supply Chain Sustainability Director Tara Norton will speak on the “Improving Marketing Rewards and Incentives: Public Procurement” panel at the European Multistakeholder Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility in Brussels.
- February 3: Advisory Services Manager Nate Springer will speak on the panel “Clean Low-Carbon Fuels Market and Technology Update: Where Is the Industry Today?” at the CALSTART Clean Low-Carbon Fuels Summit in Sacramento, California.
- February 4: Vice President for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen will also be at the European Multistakeholder Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility, where he will moderate the panel “Managing a Responsible Supply Chain."
- February 6: Advisory Services Managing Director Dunstan Allison-Hope and Human Rights Director Faris Natour will facilitate sessions at the Dialogue on the U.S. Government National Action Plan on Responsible Business Conduct, hosted by the Center for Responsible Business at the University of California, Berkeley. Partnership Development and Research Manager Cammie Erickson will also attend.
- February 12: Inclusive Economy Director Racheal Meiers will speak about BSR's HERproject at the American Apparel and Footwear Association’s Social Responsibility Committee meeting in Los Angeles.
- February 13: President and CEO Aron Cramer will speak about sustainability in emerging markets for the Erb Institute C-Suite Speaker Series at the Ross School of Business at University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- February 18: Cramer will speak on the panel “The Role of Women and Girls in Building Sustainable Economies” at GreenBiz Forum 15 in Scottsdale, Arizona. BSR is a partner of this event.
- February 25: Pruzan-Jorgensen will speak about the business case for women’s empowerment at the Danish Parliament’s Network on Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights in Copenhagen.
What We’re Hosting
- February 2: BSR HERproject Director Nathalie Roberts will facilitate a roundtable on women’s empowerment with leaders from business, government, nonprofits, and other organizations in Shanghai.
- February 4: Advisory Services Manager France Bourgouin will moderate the BSR event “Business and Human Rights: From Impact Assessment to Meaningful Engagement” in London.
- February 23: BSR’s Future of Fuels team will host a side event at the Climate Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C. BSR is a partner of the conference.
- February 26: Advisory Services Director Guy Morgan will moderate the BSR Connect event “From Materiality to Strategy” in Copenhagen.