Julia Robinson, Communications Associate, BSR
A few BSR staff members will take advantage of the sunny Californian weather this April, but we’ll also be elsewhere in the world, speaking or appearing at several events and hosting a few of our own.
Where We’ll Be
- April 3: Europe Director Farid Baddache will moderate the opening plenary session, “CSR Made in France,” at Produrable in Paris. Advisory Services Manager Cecile Oger and Associates Charlotte Bancilhon and Julia Beier, as well as Communications Manager Stéphanie Leblanc, will also attend.
- April 3: Human Resources Managing Director Rosalind Cohen-Baruch will speak at “Smartup: When to Outsource Recruiting,” hosted by SmartRecruiters in San Francisco.
- April 4: Advisory Services Associate Director Alison Colwell will attend the Wharton Social Impact Conference in San Francisco.
- April 9: Transport and Logistics Associate Director Angie Farrag will appear on a panel at the Global Shippers Forum Annual General Meeting in London to discuss maritime and aviation emissions monitoring, reporting, and verification efforts.
- April 15-16: President and CEO Aron Cramer will participate in the Hunger-Nutrition-Climate Justice Conference, organized by the Mary Robinson Foundation—Climate Justice and Irish Aid in Dublin.
- April 16-17: Consumer Products Associate Director Elisa Niemtzow and Advisory Services Director Tara Norton will be in London for the Roadmap to Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals summit.
- April 16-18: Advisory Services Manager France Bourguoin will participate in a panel discussion on long-term investment in Mongolian mining at the Mongolia Investment Summit in London.
- April 17-18: HERproject Director Racheal Yeager will speak in Santa Monica, California, at UL’s Responsible Sourcing Summit about the HERproject-UL research initiative on women’s health in global supply chains.
- April 22: Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Director Sissel Waage will speak at REDD+ Talks in Sausalito, California. Communications Associate Director Eva Dienel will also attend. The summit will focus on carbon emissions from deforestation and degradation.
- April 23: Farrag will travel to Brussels to speak about sector-specific CSR initiatives at a conference organized by Bertelsmann Stiftung, “Fostering Corporate Responsibility Through Self- and Co-Regulation.”
- April 29-May 1: Cramer will moderate the panel “Challenge: The Future of Protein” at Fortune Brainstorm Green in Laguna Niguel, California.
- April 24: Cohen-Baruch will present “Assessing, Developing, and Implementing a Career Development Model” at HR West in Oakland, California.
- April 29: Waage will also appear on a Corporate EcoForum webinar on work by BSR’s Ecosystem Services Working Group.
What We’re Hosting
- April 3: Human Rights Advisor Christine Bader will moderate a BSR members-only Sustainability Matters Webinar, “Integrating Human Rights into Business.” Speakers include executives from the Institute for Human Rights and Business, Novo Nordisk, and Teck Resources.
- April 17-18: Health Care Director Mark Little and Advisory Services Manager Sarah Dolton-Zborowski will lead an event for the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Initiative (PSCI) in Copenhagen. Oger will also attend.
- April 23: Advisory Services Manager Alejandra Martin will cohost the global consultation on the Bettercoal Code in Jakarta.
- April 16: Advisory Services Director Guy Morgan will lead a breakfast event in our Paris office, “CSR in the Middle East: How to Develop a Consistent Strategy?” (in French) with Salli Anne Swartz of the law firm Artus Wise.
- April 24: Financial Services Director John Hodges and Advisory Services Manager Sasha Radovich will moderate a BSR members-only Sustainability Matters webinar, “Conflict Minerals: What to Expect When You’re Expecting to Report” featuring representatives from Boston Common Asset Management, Calvert Investments, Enough Project, and Responsible Sourcing Network.