Here are the global sustainability events BSR staff will host, attend, and speak at this April. Will we see you there?
What We’ll Host
- April 9: Director Asako Nagai will host a BSR Connect event on “Trends in ESG Investment: Case Studies from Leading Investors” in Tokyo.
- April 9: Manager Marat Yu and Associate Lisa Staxäng will host a HERproject Brand Action Network meeting in Delhi, India.
- April 11: Senior Vice President Laura Gitman and Sustainability Management Managing Director Alison Taylor will host a lunch with sustainability leaders to discuss a shared agenda for 21st-century business in Atlanta.
- April 12-13: Women’s Empowerment Director Aditi Mohapatra; Managers Elissa Goldenberg, Magali Barraja, and Samantha Harris; and Associates Kate Marshall and Jessica Wan will host the first Business Action for Women in-person meeting of 2018 in Paris.
- April 16: Mohapatra, Barraja, and Manager Ouida Chichester will moderate an Industry Convening on Women’s Empowerment in the Jewelry Supply Chain in Paris.
- April 18-19: Managing Director John Hodges, Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN) Program Director Cecilia Müller Torbrand, Manager Christoph Karge, Coordinator Anna de Vries, and Student Assistant Laura Marie Uhlmann will host the MACN Members Meeting in Panama City.
- April 19: Mohapatra, Director Jeffrey Crawford, and Climate Director David Wei will host a dinner discussion on 21st-century business in Washington, D.C.
- April 19: HERproject Director Christine Svarer, Associate Director Chhavi Ghuliani, and Associates James Steady and Lucia Flores Guevara will host the first HERproject Brand Network Convening of 2018, in partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, in London.
- April 26: BSR will host a Q&A webinar for individuals interested in a career at BSR.
- April 30: Managers Beth Richmond and Nate Springer and Associate Léa Farnier will host a Future of Fuels Buyer-Supplier Roundtable at ACT Expo in Long Beach, California.
Where We’ll Be
- April 4-5: Communications and Marketing Associate Director Stéphanie Leblanc will attend the Produrable Forum, focusing this year on the theme “Primum Non Nocere” ("first of all do not harm"), and the side event NewWork on the future of work.
- April 6: Associate Director Erik Davies will moderate a panel on business and finance at UNESCAP's Second Asia Pacific Energy Forum in Bangkok.
- April 8: Yu will attend the Annual Session of the Confederation of Indian Industries, “Building A Better India Together: Inclusive, Ahead, and Responsible,” in Delhi, India
- April 9: President and CEO Aron Cramer will attend the International Integrated Reporting Committee board meeting in London.
- April 9: Associate Director Karlyn Adams will present at the Japan Securities Dealers Association on “Practical Guidance to ESG Integration for Investors—How to Proactively Engage with Companies” in Tokyo.
- April 10: Nagai will moderate the Corporate Spotlight session at Responsible Investor (RI) Asia in Tokyo.
- April 12-13: Senior Vice President Eric Olson and Manager Sandy Eapen will host a conversation on “Setting and Achieving Ambitious Scope 3 Emissions Targets” at an event of the Rocky Mountain Institute’s Business Renewables Center in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- April 17: Svarer will speak at the Commonwealth Women’s Forum in London.
- April 17-18: Wei will attend a meeting of the Advisory Committee of the Global Climate Action Summit in Washington, D.C.
- April 19: Manager Eileen Gallagher will lead a workshop on climate risks and resilience in Vietnam in collaboration with the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Ho Chi Minh City.
- April 18: Adams will present on “Green Freight as a Competitive Differentiator” at the Consumer Driven Supply Chain Summit 2018 in Shanghai.
- April 20: Cramer will attend a meeting of the ILO/IFC Better Work Advisory Board in Geneva, Switzerland.
- April 26-27: Müller Torbrand will attend a Siemens Integrity Partner Collective Action peer learning workshop in Basel, Switzerland.