April is shaping up to be a busy month for BSR staff. Here are the sustainability events we’re hosting, attending, and speaking at around the world.
What We’re Hosting
- April 6: BSR will host a Sustainability Matters webinar, “Using the UK Modern Slavery Act to Drive Meaningful, Long-Term Impact,” featuring Ethical Trading Initiative and Liberty Asia.
- April 8: BSR will host the member breakfast “Improving Supply Chain Climate Performance,” which will discuss the largest-ever study of climate data from suppliers and corporate customers, in New York.
- April 14: Advisory Services Director Asako Nagai, Associate Director Peter Nestor, and Associate Director Roger McElrath will host a BSR Connect event, “Practical Guide to Human Rights Due Diligence: Case Studies by the Leading Practices,” in Tokyo.
- April 27-28: Transport and Logistics Director Angie Farrag-Thibault, Advisory Services Manager Maurice Meehan, Advisory Services Associate Christoph Karge, and Partnership Development and Research Associate Martin Benderson will host a Maritime Anti-Corruption Network members’ meeting in London.
- April 29: Partnership Development and Research Senior Vice President Peder Michael Jorgensen and Meehan will conduct a supply chain sustainability workshop with Dansk Industri (Danish Industry) and the Maersk Group.
Where We’ll Be
- April 1: Advisory Services Manager Jean-Baptiste Andrieu will conduct a workshop on human rights and supply chain management, as part of a series of human-rights training courses for Finnish companies organized by FIBS, in Helsinki.
- April 4: Advisory Services Senior Vice President Eric Olson will attend a meeting of the Land Use Change working group with partners from the Global Environment Facility and WBCSD, in Washington, D.C., to plan agriculture-related initiatives surrounding the Climate Action 2016 Summit.
- April 4-6: Consumer Sectors Director Elisa Niemtzow will attend the New York Times International Luxury Conference in Versailles, France.
- April 5: Asia-Pacific Vice President Jeremy Prepscius will speak at “Combating Forced Labor in Global Supply Chains: A Multi-Industry Forum” in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- April 6-8: Olson and Communications Managing Director Melanie Janin will attend the Wall Street Journal ECO:nomics Conference in Santa Barbara, California.
- April 7-8: Europe, the Middle East, and Africa Managing Director Farid Baddache will join a two-day forum and participate in a session, led by the Shift Project, on climate-sharing commitments and BSR’s work in Paris.
- April 11-12: Farrag-Thibault will participate in the European Commission MRV Monitoring Expert Advisory Subgroup in Brussels.
- April 13: Farrag-Thibault will participate in the Global Logistics Emissions Council Meeting in Amsterdam.
- April 14: Advisory Services Associate Director Cecile Oger and Partnership Development and Research Manager Emilie Prattico will facilitate a circular economy event for H&M in London.
- April 15: Niemtzow will moderate a panel on sustainable luxury at Sustainable Luxury Asia in Hong Kong. Prepscius and BSR Board member Mark Devadason will also speak.
- April 19: Farrag-Thibault will moderate a panel at the OECD Integrity Forum 2016 on “Collective Action in Emerging Markets—Lessons from the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network” in Paris.
- April 21: President and CEO Aron Cramer will moderate the panel “Moves to a Low-Carbon Economy” at Powering Progress Together, hosted by Shell in Detroit, Michigan.
- April 25: Climate Change Associate Samantha Harris will moderate the panel “Building Adaptive Capacity: Business as an Enabler, Actor, and Influencer of Community Resilience” at the Community Based Adaptation Conference in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- April 26-27: Cramer will attend the International Integrated Reporting Council meeting in Frankfurt, Germany.
- April 28: Andrieu will present the findings of background research for the development of a collaborative initiative addressing workers’ rights in the construction sector, written for Humanity United, at the London Roundtable on the UK Modern Slavery Act and Promoting Worker Rights in the Construction Sector, co-hosted by CH2M and the Institute for Human Rights and Business.
- April 28: Advisory Services Associate Director Marshall Chase will present a breakout session on the circular economy with Dow’s Eunice Heath at the Automotive Industry Action Group’s Corporate Responsibility Summit in Novi, Michigan.