Julia Robinson, Associate, Communications, BSR
BSR staff will attend sustainable business events around the world in April, and we’re hosting several events of our own on everything from climate change to supply chains to corruption.
Where We’ll Be
- April 1: Conference Associate Hetal Shah will attend “Sustainable Electronics and the Bottom Line,” hosted by the Columbia Business School Alumni Club in New York.
- April 2: Advisory Services Associate Director Aditi Mohapatra will participate in “Implementing the Industry Dialogue Guiding Principles in Challenging Environments” at the Telecommunications Industry Dialogue quarterly meeting in Washington, D.C.
- April 3: President and CEO Aron Cramer will speak at “GSK: The Benefits and Challenges of Evolving Business Models for a Sustainable Future” as part of the U.K. Responsible Business Week in London.
- April 8: Transport and Logistics Associate Director Angie Farrag-Thibault will participate in the Global Logistics Emissions Council meeting in Amsterdam on behalf of the Clean Cargo Working Group.
- April 8-11: Advisory Services Director Nelson Núñez Vidal will speak about human rights impact assessments at the International Association for Impact Assessment annual conference in Viña del Mar, Chile.
- April 9: Vice President for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen will speak on the opening panel of the Sedex Global Responsible Sourcing Conference in London. Advisory Services Director Tara Norton will also speak on a supply chain transparency panel.
- April 9-10: Advisory Services Associate Director Marshall Chase will run a CSR training, moderate the panel “Sustainability Metrics: Driving Value in Procurement,” and speak on “Materiality in a Changing World” at the Automotive Industry Action Group’s 2014 Corporate Responsibility Summit in Novi, Michigan.
- April 9-10: Partnership Development and Research Manager Cammie Erickson will attend “The Role of Partnerships in the Implementation of the Post-2015 Development Agenda,” cohosted by Economic and Social Council and the UN General Assembly, in New York.
- April 11: Cramer will participate in the Twitter chat “Can Corporate Sustainability and Economic Growth Coexist?” He will be joined by SAP’s Chief Sustainability Officer Peter Graf, CDP’s Executive Director Nigel Topping, CSRwire’s Editorial Director Aman Singh, and TriplePundit’s Founder and Publisher, Nick Aster. You can follow along and tweet using #SustyBiz.
- April 24-25: Farrag-Thibault will participate in a workshop, “Perspectives and Prospects of Multistakeholder Collaboration: The Way Forward,” organized by German development agency GIZ and the Bertelsmann Foundation in Potsdam, Germany.
- April 25: Cramer will speak on the panel “Citizen Solution: Redefining Value” at the Global Philanthropy Forum in San Francisco. HERproject Director Racheal Meiers and Erickson will attend the event from April 23-25.
- April 29: Advisory Services Manager France Bourgouin will speak at the seminar “Natural Resource Investments in Africa: Resource Governance in African Mining” at the Danish Institute for International Studies in Copenhagen.
What We’re Hosting
- April 2: Human Rights Director Faris Natour and Mohapatra will lead the BSR members-only Sustainability Matters Webinar “Ranking Digital Rights: A New Platform for the ICT Sector.”
- April 2-3: Farrag-Thibault, Bourgouin, Advisory Services Associate Julia Beier, and Assistant Julia Panzer will facilitate a Maritime Anti-Corruption Network meeting in Hamburg, Germany.
- April 9: BSR and Intel will host “ICT & Women: Exploring Opportunities for Impact” at Intel’s offices in Santa Clara, California. Meiers and Mohapatra will lead the event.
- April 16: Cramer and Board of Directors Chair Mats Lederhausen will speak at a BSR members-only dinner, “Transparency and Transformation,” in Chicago.
- April 24: Norton and Advisory Services Manager Jean-Baptiste Andrieu will lead a French-language event, "Unlocking the Value of Sustainable Procurement," in Paris.
- April 24: BSR will host an invitation-only evening event, “A Dialogue on Business in a Climate-Constrained World” in New York. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- April 25: Chase and Bourgouin will facilitate a workshop on child labor in the conflict minerals supply chain with Boeing, GE, and Pact in Washington, D.C.