Two major events are about to take place in New York: Climate Week NYC (September 21-28) and the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the UN General Assembly (September 25-27).
BSR staff will participate in events related to both of these, as we work with the private sector and other partners to build inclusive prosperity and climate resilience and leadership.
Our team will be on the ground in New York—follow them on Twitter for their take on what’s happening:
- President and CEO Aron Cramer (@aroncramer)
- Senior Vice President, Advisory Services, Eric Olson (@gospodinolson)
- Vice President Laura Gitman (@lauragitman)
- Managing Director, Partnership Development and Research, Edward Cameron (@edwardjcameron)
- Director, Healthcare, Dorje Mundle (@dorjemundle)
- Director, Energy and Extractives, Alison Taylor (@FollowAlisonT)
- Associate Director, Partnership Development and Research Chhavi Ghuliani (@cghuliani)
- Associate Director, Climate Change, David Wei (@CCDiplomat)
- Manager, Advisory Services, Sara Enright (@sgenright)
- Manager, Advisory Services, Andrew Matthews (@ajmatthe)
- Manager, Advisory Services, Matthew Raimondi (@mattraimondi)
- Associate, Climate Change, Samantha Harris (@Samantha_Lacey)
We will update this post throughout the week with new information about BSR’s participation, so check back for the latest.
What We’re Hosting
- September 23: BSR will host an event with the Packard Foundation on climate issues related to large-scale carbon mitigation opportunities in corporate agricultural supply chains.
September 25: Gitman will speak at “Transforming Economies: Empowering Women and Girls,” hosted by the UK government and UN Women. BSR is a partner of this event.
What We’re Attending
- September 17: Gitman will speak at the UN Foundation event “Family Planning: A Critical Path to Thriving Women, Communities, and Business.”
- September 21: Olson will attend Unilever’s partnership dinner with CEO Paul Polman and Board members.
- September 21: Wei will attend "Energy Productivity Index for Companies," hosted by ClimateWorks Australia and the ClimateWorks Foundation.
- September 22: Cameron will attend "Weathering the Next Storm: A Closer Look at Business Resilience," hosted by Bank of America and the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions.
- September 23: Cameron will speak at the expert workshop on “Finance for Climate Justice,” at the Roosevelt House Public Policy Institute at Hunter College.
- September 23: Cameron will speak at the Mary Robinson Speaker Series expert workshop “Climate Justice and Business: Human Rights from the Frontlines to Paris,” co-hosted by the Business and Human Rights Resource Centre and Institute for Human Rights and Business.
- September 23: Matthews will attend "The Next Generation of Development: Integrated Investments for Youth," hosted by Johnson & Johnson, FHI 360, and Women Deliver.
- September 24: Advisory Services Manager Paula Pelaez will attend “Philanthropy Engaged,” hosted by the Ford Foundation.
- September 24: Gitman and Wei will attend “The Role of Business in Advancing the Global Goals,” hosted by the B Team.
- September 24: Olson and Gitman will attend the private reception “Business Welcomes the Global Goals,” hosted by the B Team.
- September 24: Olson will attend the JUST Capital launch event at the Ford Foundation.
- September 24: Gitman will attend “Wellbeing for All: Innovation for Society’s Biggest Health Challenges,” hosted by Novartis.
- September 24: Mundle and Enright will attend the “Business Call to Action Annual Forum,” hosted by UNDP.
- September 25: Matthews will attend the "Every Woman, Every Child" event on private-sector innovation, hosted by the UN Foundation.
- September 25: Olson will attend the “Low-Carbon Technology Partnerships Initiative Roundtable III”, hosted by the WBCSD, IEA, and SDSN
- September 26: Cramer will attend the “Private Sector Forum 2015,” which is focused on implementing the SDGs.
- September 28: Cramer, Cameron, and Wei will attend the "Climate Week NYC Signature Event."
- September 28-29: Cramer will attend the We Mean Business board meeting.
- September 29: Cameron will attend “Sustainable Finance for Deep Decarbonization.”
- September 29: Taylor will attend "Investing in Fragile Environments: The Role of the Private Sector in Countering Violent Extremism" hosted by the Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund.