To close out 2016, we’re going back through our archives to see what you most enjoyed reading during the year. Here are the most-read blogs and reports of 2016.
Top Five Blogs
- Sustainability and CSR: A Word About Terms
By BSR Senior Vice President Eric Olson
What is CSR, what is sustainability, and why does BSR prefer to use one term over the other?
- Sustainable Business After the 2016 U.S. Election
By BSR President and CEO Aron Cramer
Our agenda is too important to drop. As this new world emerges, these four actions should shape our strategy.
- Why Businesses Say Human Rights Is Their Most Urgent Sustainability Priority
By BSR Human Rights Managing Director Margaret Jungk
This year, for the eighth time, BSR and GlobeScan asked business leaders to tell us about the corporate sustainability issues that were most important to them. And this year, like the last five running, they told us that human rights was their number-one priority.
- A First Look at How Companies Are Responding to the SDGs
By BSR Manager Sara Enright and UN Global Compact’s Nessa Whelan
We partnered with the UN Global Compact to gain a greater understanding of how companies are integrating the Sustainable Development Goals into their core business initiatives.
- A Brave New World for Sustainability Reporting
By BSR Manager Jonathan Morris
How millennials, big data, and purpose are pivoting the tried-and-true format.
Top Five Reports
- The Future of Stakeholder Engagement
In this report, we argue that stakeholder engagement must evolve from a process too often undertaken merely for the sake of doing it into a strategic priority that integrates stakeholder feedback deeply into all aspects of a company’s operations.
- The Paris Agreement: What It Means for Business
This report, written by BSR in partnership with We Mean Business, explains the mechanisms of the Paris Agreement on climate change, how they are already affecting businesses, and how companies can seize the immense opportunities that the agreement unlocks.
- Building Effective Women’s Economic Empowerment Strategies
This report, written in partnership with the International Center for Research on Women and sponsored by the Oak Foundation, identifies how companies can develop holistic and integrated approaches to women's economic empowerment.
- From Agreement to Action: Mobilizing Suppliers Toward a Climate-Resilient World
This report produced by CDP and written by BSR outlines the current state of supplier performance on climate-change management.
- Women’s Empowerment in Global Value Chains: A Framework for Business Action
This report, written by BSR with support from Women Deliver and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, examines how to create business opportunities that accelerate women's health, rights, and well-being in global value chains.