Andrew Matthews, Associate, BSR
For full image, click here.
The U.S. recently hosted representatives of 15 countries to discuss global solutions for reducing aviation emissions. The private sector should take note, as leading companies more rigorously evaluate their own business travel emissions.
Today, the sectors most actively reporting Scope 3 emissions from business travel are financial services, health care, and information and communications technology (ICT).
Companies that manage their travel footprint can cut unnecessary costs, take advantage of virtual solutions, and create shared value and improved sustainability through novel partnerships.
BSR will be conducting research on best practices related to Scope 3 emissions from business travel, including:
- Making data-based decisions for transportation options
- Getting the most out of ICT solutions
- Collaborating with travel carriers
- Deciding when and how to purchase offsets for travel
- Achieving—and getting recognition for—financial savings
To learn more about BSR’s new Scope 3 business travel working group, please contact Andrew Matthews.