Procurement Leadership Group Overview
Despite the range of activities that companies have undertaken to improve supply chain sustainability, their focus often remains on mitigating supply chain costs and risks. By adopting proactive sustainable procurement practices, companies can create new opportunities and business benefits.
We established the Procurement Leadership Group in 2015 to help participants create new opportunities by incorporating sustainability criteria into everyday procurement practices.
The mission of the Procurement Leadership Group is to bring together procurement professionals across industries to explore and innovate leading approaches to supply chain sustainability that create business value and positive social and environmental impacts.
We bring together sustainability and procurement professionals to build more efficient and effective models for sustainable procurement that enable fair, inclusive, and sustainable supply chains and, in doing so, allow participating companies to:
- Benchmark your program against BSR’s supply chain maturity model
- Gain a deeper understanding of leading-edge and emerging best practice in sustainable supply chain management
- Improve efficiency, effectiveness, and impact of your sustainable procurement program through adopting best practices and testing new approaches and tools
The Procurement Leadership Group offers members resources and tools to enhance sustainable procurement, as well as a network and forum to share common challenges and successes.
The group offers members:
- Facilitated dialogues on what is needed to improve program effectiveness and impact
- Collection, analysis, and sharing of individual company and group examples and best practices
- Engagements with experts on macro trends impacting supply chains and with third-party organizations providing promising solutions and insights
- Publication of a white paper capturing the group’s work and perspective