To promote health and health equity as core components of climate action.
To work in partnership across sectors to discern and amplify joint business action, address community health inequalities, improve community resilience, engage in public policy, and deploy a broad-based communication strategy to educate and promote action.
Our Strategy for Impact
The Centering Health Equity within Climate Change initiative is a cross sector collaboration aimed to catalyze support for increased climate ambition in the US. We do this by:
- Convening frontline communities, businesses, and academic and government institutions to create joint action plans which address the growing problem of health equity within the context of climate change
- Engaging partners in a collaborative process to share knowledge, challenges, priorities, and opportunities in order to co-create solutions to the nation’s most pressing climate & health concerns
Impacts: SDG 3, 10, 13
How We Work
- The Centering Health Equity within Climate Change initiative is an intimate group made up of U.S. business, community, academic, and government leaders who collectively steer the priority activities of the initiative.
- The group is structured to ensure partners across sectors and industries participate in a co-creation process to harness each member’s expertise and resources for decisive, impactful action.
- The Centering Health Equity within Climate Change initiative will launch at Climate Action Week in September 2023 and will meet monthly until Spring of 2025.
CHEC is currently recruiting companies, non-profits, academic, and government institutions who are leading in climate and health ambitions and are willing to engage in a collaborative, cross-sector, and cross-industry joint action process. Please contact us for more information.
Who We Work With
A new understanding of the environmental and health impacts of wildfire has significant implications for the role of business in wildfire prevention, management, and adaptation.