IDEXX is seeking a Freelance Writer for a 1-year contract to develop our 2022 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report and other Corporate Responsibility communications assets. To learn more about Corporate Responsibility at IDEXX, see https://www.idexx.com/en/about-idexx/corporate-responsibility/.
Reporting to the Director, Global Corporate Responsibility, the freelance writer will collaborate with stakeholders across the enterprise to create engaging storylines, data-driven proof points and narratives for disclosures of ESG performance to communicate IDEXX’s Corporate Responsibility journey for internal and external stakeholders.
Location: Virtual working arrangement provided contractor is in the Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone
Duration: 1-year contract from November 1, 2021 to October 31, 2022; full-time Monday to Friday 9:00-5:00 EST
The Impact You Will Have:
- You will collaborate with Corporate Responsibility team and other functions to write IDEXX 2022 ESG Report (June 2022 release)
- You will collaborate with Corporate Responsibility team and other functions to write IDEXX Foundation Impacts Report (November 2022 release)
- You will collaborate with Internal Communications to create Corporate Responsibility communications assets for IDEXX’s global employees
- You will collaborate with Marketing and Lines of Business to create Corporate Responsibility communications assets for IDEXX’s customers
- You will create content for social media channels to communicate ESG performance and IDEXX Foundation initiatives
- You will ensure ESG report and Corporate Responsibility communications assets are aligned with global best practice
- You will diligently monitor ever-evolving ESG reporting trends relevant to IDEXX
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent English writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related disciplines with certificates in ESG disciplines preferred
- Authored/co-authored minimum three (3) ESG/Corporate Responsibility reports
- Experience with ESG reporting standards and frameworks such as the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), Taskforce for Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs)
- Experience aligning ESG reports and Corporate Responsibility communications assets with the UNSDGs
- Proven ability to create high-impact Corporate Responsibility communications assets for publications, social media and employee engagement
- Extensive knowledge of ESG reporting trends and investor expectations for disclosures
- Experience collaborating with diverse functions across a global enterprise such as Human Resources, Investor Relations, Legal, Finance, Facilities, Manufacturing, Research and Development, Supply Chain, Internal Communications and Marketing
- Experience writing narratives for ESG disclosures in annual reports, Forms 10K and Proxy Statements preferred
- Experience developing ESG reports and Corporate Responsibility communications assets for companies in biotechnology, medical devices, animal health and other related industries preferred
- Certifications with ESG reporting standards and frameworks such as SASB, TCFD, GRI and UNSDGs preferred
- Commitment to work respectfully and collaboratively in a diverse and inclusive cross-cultural environment
- Self-starter who takes ownership of deliverables and upholds excellent work ethic
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with various functions across the organization
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Three (3) writing samples must be attached to application for this contract; samples must include a report that candidate has authored or co-authored and other communications assets
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 10,000 talented people. www.idexx.com
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
Please visit the IDEXX careers website.