Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Worldwide Manager, Enterprise ESG Strategy & Reporting located in New Brunswick, NJ or the broader tri-state area. Please note that some, but not all, Johnson & Johnson roles are currently virtual due to COVID-19. Due to the uncertainties of COVID-19, this role may be virtual until we return to our New Jersey offices.
This is a unique opportunity to join Johnson & Johnson’s Enterprise ESG Program Office as a key team member helping to support the implementation of the Company’s Enterprise Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, goals and KPIs, in partnership with our business segment teams, enabling Enterprise functions and external stakeholders. This role reports to the Worldwide Director, Enterprise ESG Strategy & Reporting.
As Johnson & Johnson continues enhancing our ESG management approach, including disclosure and reporting, to meet the needs of our various stakeholders, the Worldwide Manager, Enterprise ESG Strategy & Reporting will contribute to driving improvements in our ESG practices, which will accelerate Our Purpose to change the trajectory of health for humanity.
This role will require:
- Agility to step in and integrate with a high-performing team to execute an ESG strategy, goals and KPIs;
- Ability to effectively navigate and work in a matrixed environment;
- Strong understanding of ESG or sustainability and experience with the major reporting standards and frameworks; and
- Ability to serve as trusted advisor to colleagues across the Company with a leadership mindset related to opportunities for continuous improvement in our ESG management practices.
With $82.6 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of healthcare products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 136,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for more than 130 years. We embrace research and science—bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to driving the end-to-end development of Johnson & Johnson’s Enterprise ESG strategy working closing with the members of the Enterprise ESG Program Office, colleagues from the business and enabling Enterprise functions to advance the Company’s ESG management practices.
- Lead the work for ESG ratings and rankings, mapping out a strategic plan for engaging with ESG raters, rankers and surveys.
- Lead Enterprise ESG Program Office participation in ratings and rankings (e.g., CDP, EcoVadis, etc.) led by other Company functions or groups.
- Lead the management and curation of the ESG Policies & Positions on JNJ.com, including support for the Code of Business Conduct updates (“Code”) and bi-annual Code training.
- Manage internal ESG resources/training/content.
- Serve as ESG point-person for customer requests (e.g., tenders, customer surveys, etc.).
- Manage the RACI for, and execution of, Enterprise human rights disclosures (e.g., annual Modern Slavery Act Statement).
- Support ESG governance operations of the Enterprise Governance Council, the Company’s ESG governance body.
- Support global Company efforts related to U.S. and international ESG legislation and regulations.
- Support management of the ESG portion of the IR website, working with internal partners to build out and refresh content.
- Support the Company’s ESG materiality assessments.
- Engage with business segments and enabling Enterprise functions to support on programs and initiatives that align to Johnson & Johnson’s ESG strategy and seek to leverage opportunities within the business to accelerate our ESG priorities; these will be in service of patients, consumers, healthcare providers, employees, suppliers and other key stakeholders.
- Serve as an Enterprise ESG Program Office representative on key internal and external projects or working groups.
- Support managing specialists/agencies/firms.
- ESG or sustainability subject matter knowledge related to: ESG landscape, reporting and disclosure trends and key stakeholders, the ratings agency ecosystem, reporting frameworks and standards, disclosure legislation, company best practices.
- Strong understanding of and experience with ESG assessments and ratings (CDP, DJSI, MSCI, EcoVadis, ISS, Vigeo Eiris, Sustainalytics, Moody’s).
- Knowledge base and experience with reporting or engaging to help drive progress in key ESG topic areas of Public Health, Quality, Patient and Consumer Safety, Access, Human Rights, Human Capital Management, Digital Innovation (emerging technologies) and Product Sustainability.
- Experience with stakeholder management.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively interact across business segments, Enterprise functions and regions with exceptional project management skills.
- Proven analytical skills. Ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of data and information into visual summaries, slide decks and other materials with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be comfortable managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Problem solver with the ability to quickly evaluate a situation at hand, identify gaps, opportunities and solutions.
- Intellectually curious, with a track record of demonstrated ability and willingness to learn.
- Demonstrates judgment in decision making on issues impacting the Company’s reputation.
- Detail-oriented, impeccable business acumen and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required. Master’s degree in Sustainability or Environmental Science a plus.
- 4-6+ years of experience in sustainability/ESG management and non-financial reporting or a directly related field in a corporate or firm setting or sustainability consulting.
- Strong understanding of the global ESG landscape, especially those ESG issues affecting the healthcare industry, including different stakeholders and their interests, reporting and transparency trends and evolving legislation.
- Experience working in multi-functional teams with the ability to foster collaborative relationships, influence and build trust in a highly matrixed organizational setting.
- Experience working in a healthcare company on corporate sustainability/ESG issues management, reporting or communications.
- Experience in sustainable investing or similar field.
- Investor Relations, audit or financial reporting-related experience.
- Experience with Tableau, Sphera, Enablon, Workiva, OneTrust or other ESG reporting software.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.