Scope of Work
Under the supervision of the Head of Private Sector Digital Payment Innovation Team, the incumbent will support the Alliance’s Wage Digitization Strategy, including the following duties:
1. Advisory services to members, partnership development with companies, business organizations and Apex Bodies:
- Maintain and grow relationship with Private sector corporate Alliance’s members, especially related to B2P (digital wages) in the garment sector and other. Support engagement, development and execution of membership workplan, new advocacy and advisory initiatives driving digitization of payments in companies value chains
- Ensure liaison and successful project management with company members, partners, Alliance’s management, and procurement teams to ensure delivery of project milestones
- Draft and develop project concept notes and seek input from relevant team members, partners and industry business experts, as needed;
- Draft background and briefing notes for missions, meetings and/or presentations for conferences and workshops on the digitization of wages in support of Head of Private Sector Digital Payment Innovation Team and other relevant colleagues and members.’
2. Global Advocacy, coordination and advisory services with Apex bodies for business sector:
- Support the ongoing liaison on digital wages with partner organizations working on sustainable practices for the garment sector, including Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Social and Labour Convergence Project, IFC/ILO Better Work, Sedex, Business Social Responsibility (BSR), as well as individual brands members of the Alliance to ensure adequate resources are provided to meet the Alliance objective on driving digitization of wages
- Support the coordination and execution of joint initiatives with the ILO Global Center on digital wages for decent work: including regular meetings with ILO Global Center team, preparation of steering committee meetings, review and technical expertise on research topics, compiling lessons learnt from ongoing initiatives and ensure coordination between Global Center team and in-country initiatives led by the Alliance
- Conduct research and facilitate relations-building to build relations with new potential partners and develop new initiatives.
- Ensure input from projects is documented into different team monitoring systems and support liaison with relevant colleagues to ensure quality assurance of technical work, research and presentations as well as of communication, as needed;
- Provide administrative support to missions including mission preparation, scheduling meetings, conference calls, accompany the Private Sector Lead and/or other members of the team for in-country missions as needed;
3. Research, learning and dissemination:
- Conduct in-depth research and provide technical review of research reports on topics related to digital payments, digital financial services and financial inclusion in specific markets to inform the regional strategy and the drafting of concept notes for in-country initiatives and members’ workplan
- Pro-actively work with the Alliance’s Management, Head of Private Sector Digital Payment Innovation Team and the Communication team to ensure lessons are regularly distilled from all in-country initiatives as well as related initiatives by partners.
- Keep abreast on the latest in the sustainable garment sector and identify opportunities for knowledge dissemination and new research opportunities on achievements—and challenges—in driving the digitization of wages in companies’ supply chains;
- Working closely with country teams, monitor and identify advocacy opportunities for the Alliance, including potential targets, conferences, UN, regional and corporate events on wage digitization and payment digitization in companies’ supply chain,
4. Communications and events:
- Support the organization of panels, events, conferences and specialized workshops, in close collaboration with the Alliance’s members, including the ILO Global Center on digital wages for decent, in liaison with the Head of Private Sector Digital Payment Innovation Team, Deputy Managing Director, and communications teams
- Document, write communication materials and share news and stories from Alliance member countries for social media and other communications channels, as needed;
- Other activities, as requested
For More Information and to Apply
Please visit the UNDP careers website.