Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s Vice President of Sustainability reports to the Chief Diversity & Sustainability Officer and oversees the implementation and scaling of Aramark’s company-wide Climate strategy and the Be Well. Do Well. sustainability plan designed to integrate triple bottom line sustainability throughout the company. The VP is also responsible for the organization’s Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) reporting.
The VP coordinates with CDSO and executive leadership to ensure that the sustainability strategy supports, and is integrated in, the company’s business strategy, and that sustainability performance aligns with the long-term interests of the company. The VP is responsible for leading governance and implementation across functions, divisions, and disciplines and serves as Aramark’s primary contact on all sustainability-related issues.
Sustainability Strategy and Governance
- Directs and leads sustainability across the global enterprise and in the company’s focus areas: People and Planet. Oversees strategies, policies and programs to advance sustainability within and across Aramark.
- Works with CDSO and the ESG Steering Committee to develop and scale coordinated sustainability planning, and to embed sustainability throughout the company.
- Chairs the ESG Operating Committee and responsible for leading cross-functional working groups and serve as liaison to subject matter functional owners across the company including internationally.
Climate Strategy, Business Integration and Implementation
- Primary functional accountability for leading and championing the company’s climate strategy, inclusive of environmental sustainability programs and practices across Aramark’s global operations.
- Oversee development of climate roadmaps including the effective tracking, oversight of reduction initiatives and reporting on the company’s greenhouse gas emissions
- Work in partnership with key functional owners including Global Supply Chain and Procurement, Hospitality Enablement, Culinary Development and other functions to ensure coordination in implementing and amplifying key commitments.
- Develops and oversees implementation of center-led, environmental programs as well as providing counsel to Line of Business- specific efforts.
Communications, Stakeholder Engagement and Reporting
- Oversee Aramark’s ESG reporting, including the annual Be Well. Do Well. Impact Report and supporting the company’s year-end disclosures. Works in partnership with Consumer Insights, Marketing, Communications, and other functions to improve the company’s brand and reputation by publicizing the company’s sustainability efforts and raising awareness among key stakeholders.
- Drive the development of KPIs, goals and targets through cross-functional collaboration. Ensure the effective tracking of metrics, gathering quantitative and qualitative data, evaluating impacts and outcomes.
- Ensure public reporting is in alignment with global reporting frameworks and ESG research providers
- Prioritize and respond to NGO inquiries and surveys, and address activist campaigns by developing and deploying internal and external communications. Concurrently responsible for partnering with functional teams to identify business solution to address and deescalate key issues.
- Determine signature sponsorships and guide partnership engagement, prioritizing organizations that address synergies and including key partners by sector (e.g. AASHE, Healthcare Without Harm, Green Sports Alliance) and subject matter specific (e.g. Fair Trade USA, Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Humane Society of the U.S.).
Supporting Team / Direct Reports:
- Manager, Climate Strategy - Enterprise Sustainability
- Manager, ESG Reporting - Enterprise Sustainability
- Manager, Field Implementation - Enterprise Sustainability
Instead of a cover letter, we would appreciate you answering a few questions while keeping to the maximum number of sentences referenced
- Why are you applying for this role? (1-2 sentences max)
- What of your skills and prior experience are relevant to the job description? (up to 4-5 skills + 3-4 sentences to expand)
- Where do you see any gaps in your experience in relation to the job description requirements?
- What appeals to you most about this role? (2 sentences)
- How would you fit the Aramark company culture? (2 sentences)
- Why should we select you over another qualified candidate? (2 sentences)
- What questions do you have about the role or job description at this time, if any? (1-2 sentences)
This location requires all individuals working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Candidates must have at least 10 (ten) yrs. of experience working in a corporate or agency environment.
- 3+ years of team management experience.
- Previous ESG/Climate leadership experience required.
- Detailed knowledge of GHG emission scopes and experience managing greenhouse gas inventories and familiarity with the GHG Protocol, CDP, SBTi and TCFD required.
- Technical knowledge and experience in sustainability reporting and with relevant ESG standards.
- Familiarity with Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting and Standards (SASB), Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs).
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, in sustainability/climate change or related topic.
- Excellent project management and strong organizational skills and a proven ability to balance multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Analytic thinker and ability to problem-solve including evaluation and identification of solutions.
- Proven ability to inspire, collaborate and manage internal relationships and cultivate partnerships.
- Proven ability to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of team members, colleagues and senior leaders.
- Demonstrated experience influencing without formal authority to accomplish company-wide goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate exemplary personal judgment given sensitive content