KKR is seeking a Vice President to join the KKR Public Affairs team with a focus on supporting the assessment, management, and reporting of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues across the investment process. This role would be based in our New York office and report to the Managing Director, Sustainable Investing. The team is responsible for facilitating the consideration of ESG, regulatory, and reputational issues throughout KKR’s investment process, including the management of KKR’s ESG-focused value creation programs for its portfolio companies. See www.kkresg.com.
A successful candidate typically will have at least five+ years of experience with a relevant degree (Masters, MBA etc.) and a background in responsible investment, sustainability management, sustainability reporting, or associated fields. It is anticipated that this role will have significant responsibilities associated with reporting and communications so the ideal candidate should be a strong writer and experienced editor.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING
Responsibilities related to Investor Engagement
- Support fund-level and/or public reporting on ESG-related performance
- Produce content—such as case studies, talking points, and slides—for fundraising materials and a variety of investor requests for information
- Project manage and serve as primary author and project manager for KKR’s public and investor-facing responsible investment and impact reporting Responsibilities related to the Firm’s ESG management efforts
- Develop and maintain up-to-date presentation materials for meetings with various stakeholder groups
- Engage with or manage partnerships with various stakeholders, including relationships with NGOs
- Partner with investment teams and other internal stakeholders to support internal reporting
Responsibilities related to supporting portfolio companies
- Develop relationships with portfolio companies upon entering portfolio and lead meetings to introduce them to available ESG-related programs and resources
- Support portfolio companies in managing and reporting on ESG performance
- Engage with PCs to assist in managing and improving ESG performance, including through educating on and implementing KKR’s value creation programs
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Strong, proven understanding of the responsible investment landscape and relevant reporting frameworks and protocols
- Proven content developer, including website content, powerpoint decks, talking points, and case studies
- Experience working with investors or companies on ESG/sustainability issues, including experience with sustainability reporting
- Ability to facilitate projects across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Trustworthy and accountable
- Quick learner with clear intellectual curiosity and self-motivation and a proven track record of being a self-starter
- Team-oriented with a proven ability to manage demands of multiple teams and projects in a fast-paced work environment, including ability to prioritize time efficiently and handle heavy workloads while remaining attentive to detail
- Aptitude for critical and creative thinking across the quantitative and qualitative spectrum
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to read information/situations from varying perspectives and tailor messages to suit different audiences
- Meticulous organization skills
- Technical and aesthetic mastery of PowerPoint and other programs
- Maturity, presence, sound judgment, and ability to form and express opinions effectively to cross-divisional teams including senior management
- Passion for achieving a more sustainable economy
Please submit resume and cover letter by May 12th, 2021 to the search firm, Weinreb Group, via the following: https://weinrebgroup.com/resume. The cover letter should include why you are qualified for this role and information on possible start date. All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence.
KKR is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic. KKR is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.