Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This is a Contract position through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
- The Upwork Foundation Manager will help build and implement a corporate giving strategy that builds on Upwork’s mission to create economic opportunity so that people have better lives.
- The manager will identify where and how The Upwork Foundation can have significant social impact and help develop an impact strategy built around community trust and a clear theory of change.
- The manager will build relationships with Upwork team members and community partners to develop a collaborative approach to sourcing, evaluating, selecting, and engaging grantees.
- The manager will implement lean grant-making procedures that balance an outcome-oriented approach with our goal to reduce burdensome nonprofit reporting requirements.
- The manager will help promote The Upwork Foundation’s work, both within the company and externally, in partnership with Upwork’s marketing and communications teams and Upwork Belonging Communities.
- The manager will be responsible for all foundation administration, including coordination with our Donor Advised Fund partner and grantees.
- Though this is a contract position that will require 30-40 hours/week in the first year, we are looking for someone interested in supporting The Upwork Foundation’s growth over time, with an openness to full-time employment in the future.
Must Haves (Required Skills):
- Expertise in addressing barriers to inclusive economic opportunity
- Deep knowledge about workforce readiness and education programs (in the US and abroad) designed to reach underrepresented and underserved communities
- Experience developing and implementing smart, collaborative grant-making strategy
- Experience building partnerships with multiple stakeholders, including corporate partners
- Ability to think critically and creatively
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please visit the LinkedIn page.