- The job exists within Mars Wrigley to enable the delivery of the Mars Sustainable in a Generation Plan (SiGP), the Mars Wrigley Reinvention strategy by protecting Freedom To Operate (FTO) and differentiation of Mars Wrigley brands with customers and consumers.
- The job purpose is focused on the sustainability of Palm Oil globally, with a particular focus on SE Asia: Malaysia and Indonesia supply chains.
- The objective of the job is to manage Palm Oil sustainable sourcing programs that ensure Mars sources from a radically simplified supply chain, free from deforestation and supporting the rights of palm plantation workers and indigenous communities.
Context & Scope
- The role sits on the Mars Wrigley Sustainable Sourcing Team and reports to the Associate Director, Sustainable Sourcing and is based in Malaysia.
- The following raw materials are currently in scope: palm oil.
- The role also represents the wider sustainable sourcing team in the SE Asia region.
- KPI reporting: % of palm oil Next Generation Origin sourced and meeting SiGP Qualifying Program Criteria for deforestation and human rights. Further reporting on grievance management is required
- Partner with Mars Inc. climate and human rights sustainability experts.
- Support Corporate Affairs to inform Mars Wrigley reputation management and communications relating to Palm Oil.
- Support the Fats and Oils Global Category Director and Strategic Sourcing Team to represent sustainability within the sourcing strategy and program.
- Partner with suppliers, development partners and 3rd party donors to monitor Mars Palm Oil supply chain, design and implement sustainable sourcing programs and monitor, evaluate and assure their progress.
- Collaborate In industry platforms and coalitions to lead the Industry to replicate Mars level of Impact, with particular focus on strengthening RSPO, Livelihood for Family Farming project, and Industry collaboration In the Leuser Ecosystem.
- Degree or Masters in Agriculture, Biology, Sustainability or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience of implementing sustainable sourcing programs with the private sector or within development organizations is critical. Preferably this experience was gained in a commercial environment.
- Knowledge of supply chain management is critical, ideally in an emerging economy environment.
- Experience of delivering through others is critical.
- Either experience working in SEA or experience working across diverse cultures is critical.
- Experience leading and participating in Industry coalitions and development partnerships is preferred.
- Knowledge of in scope raw material supply chains is advantageous.
Please visit the job posting on LinkedIn.