What you’ll be doing…
Verizon is looking for an experienced candidate to join its Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) team. The person in this role will collaborate with team members to drive Verizon’s sustainability reporting and engagement, and to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the Company’s ESG commitments.
- Support the collection, analysis and reporting of company-wide ESG data.
- Assist in the production and publication of Verizon’s Corporate Responsibility Report (CRR). This includes managing the data acquisition and validation process, supporting development of the report design, layout and narrative, and liaising with the web development team.
- Manage internal and external messaging for the CRR; lead ESG-related communications and messaging for the ESG Group.
- Support the company’s responses to third-party evaluators and rating organizations including CDP, GRI, ISS, MSCI, Sustainalytics, and the UNGC.
- Stay up-to-date with reporting frameworks and standards; identify gaps between external stakeholder expectations and company reporting.
- Develop and manage an online repository of approved ESG data and language to be used across the business.
- Effectively communicate with various internal and external stakeholders related to inquiries and requests for information; collaborate with colleagues/subject matter experts to obtain relevant information.
- Facilitate the collection and dissemination of ESG information to sales and sourcing teams as requested by business customers in the contracting and supplier review processes.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years ofrelevant work experience.
- Experience with sustainability reporting and familiarity with reporting frameworks (GRI).
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Four or more years of experience in corporate responsibility/sustainability; experience in environmental/social impact reporting preferred.
- Experience in data collection, analysis and reporting required.
- Experience with rating platforms such as FTSE, GRI, ISS, MSCI, Sustainalytics etc. required.
- Ability to manage competing demands, while managing time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to distill and present complex information plainly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and build strong partnerships with key stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Attention to detail, consistent and accurate follow-through on multiple projects in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong initiative, entrepreneurial spirit and desire to learn.
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond–doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.