IKEA is a values-driven, global furniture and retail company with a vision to create a better everyday life for the many people. At IKEA, we are passionate about sustainability, and our overall ambition is to become people and planet positive, inspiring and enabling the many people to live within the boundaries of the planet by 2030. We are now seeking three Sustainability Development Leaders to join our Sustainability Development team in Älmhult, Sweden, helping to make this ambition a reality.
As Sustainability Development Leader, you will be part of the Sustainability Development team whose mission is to create awareness, inspire bold action and enable sustainability integration into Core Business Range and Core Business Supply, supporting change at scale and becoming people and planet positive. In your role, you will:
- Lead and manage projects connected to sustainability (social and/or environmental) impact areas. The projects may come in response to business requests or external needs. In all projects, you will work closely together with internal stakeholders from sustainability, Core Business Range and/or Core * Business Supply, as well as external stakeholders and experts. Some projects currently include sustainability impact areas such as biodiversity, marine materials, and responsible wage practices.
- Develop and manage project plans according to outlined scope, ensuring alignment with key internal stakeholders and driving toward business objectives.
- Identify emerging sustainability impact areas, informed by external partners and research, and build awareness and alignment within the business for implementation.
- Provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership to the internal community on sustainability issues, advising and facilitating dialogue among business teams on sustainability impact areas.
You are a creative self-starter, ready to take your sustainability acumen and apply it into a dynamic business environment where everything is changing. You thrive on distilling complexity into simplicity, demonstrating the evidence behind the sustainability impacts and making them accessible for everyone.
You value strong relationships, serving as a team player who contributes and builds on the team’s successes. You are comfortable taking on new challenges, and offering challenges of your own as we drive toward our people and planet positive ambitions.
To be successful in this role, you bring:
- Experience engaging with companies on sustainability impact areas, either within the business itself (such as within product development and/or supply chain areas) or within a non-profit that works closely with business.
- Strong leadership skills and experience with forging strong and meaningful relationships, allowing you to coach and advise stakeholders across various business teams.
- Experience in managing projects, both short and long-term, that require in-depth research skills on sustainability-related issues, in one or more of the following areas:
- Human rights and social impact
- Ecosystem and ecological impacts
- Sustainability-related insights and market analysis
If this is you, then join our Sustainability Development Team as the Sustainability Development Leader!